Once you've successfully passed the first stage of the application process it's time to start preparing for your job interview. Preparing yourself for the questions that the interviewer will ask you is not enough; successful candidates also come with a list of questions to ask the interviewer. This level of preparedness shows your commitment and dedication, significantly increasing your chances of getting your dream job. Furthermore, coming to the interview with your own questions helps you decide if the job is indeed the right one for you-after all, the decision is not just the company's, but also yours. The following is a list of general questions to help you prepare for your job interview. Be sure to tailor your questions to the specific job position. The research you put into this part of your preparation shows the interviewer just how right you are for the vacant position.
Questions about the job
- Why is this particular position available?
- How will my work performance be assessed, and how often is my work reviewed?
- What long-term opportunities are available to me in this position?
- What support is provided for improving my qualifications and skills?
- What are the primary challenges associated with this position?
- How would you describe the typical work day for someone in this position?
Questions about your colleagues
- How many people will I be directly working with and what are their responsibilities?
- How does my team fit into the overall organisation of the company?
- What is the work atmosphere in the team?
Questions about your supervisor/manager
- What is the supervisor/manager's style of management?
- What would you say are your/his/her main strengths as a manager?
- What is your favourite thing about working in this company?
- What qualities do you like to see in your employees?
Questions about the company
- How would you describe the company culture?
- What sort of management style is used within the company as a whole?
- What are the primary challenges the company is currently facing?
- What objectives is the company pursuing in the short and long term?
- How does the company define success?