You are here
10 things to check before you submit your CV
A meticulously crafted CV can, on occasion, secure you a job and will always improve your chances of reaching interview stage. Make sure yours ends up in the ‘yes’ tray:
1. Keep it brief, no more than 2 pages.
2. Avoid superfluous personal detail such as age, religion and sex.
3. Don’t write in the first person – start sentences with verbs.
4. List your career history in reverse, chronological order, explaining any gaps.
5. Bullet achievements and responsibilities, more detail on recent roles.
6. List educational institutions and qualifications in reverse chronological order.
7. Include computer skills, language skills and any relevant training.
8. Keep your hobbies and interests section short.
9. Referees can be provided on request.
10. Check for typos and ask a friend to read it through.
Are you looking for your next opportunity? Have a look at our job board.