Transportation, Customs & Trade Compliance Lead (m/f)
Global consumer goods company
Newly created position
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. For our client, we are currently recruiting for a Transportation, Customs & Trade Compliance Lead (m/f).
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising with external and internal business partners such as: Freight Forwarders, Carriers, Customs and any other relevant Authorities, as well as internally within the organization such as travel-retail teams, global & regional supply chain and transportation, regulatory teams.
- Managing the effective clearance of goods when applicable, ensuring full compliance within all applicable customs & duties regulations or tax waiving schemes related to distribution and manufacturing business.
- Working closely with EMEA Customs & Trade Compliance Manager supporting the implementation of regional and corporate trade compliance strategies and development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and training for this purposes.
- Establishing and reporting electronic interfaces with Swiss/EU governments and customs agencies, acting as main point of contact for the relevant government authority.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional, with demonstrated successful experience leading negotiations and engaging with senior management. The candidate will also have the ability to influence internal customers and/or organizational leadership teams through effective communication to accomplish strategic procurement objectives.
- You have an academic background with Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Economics and/or Management with additional advanced degrees (e.g. import/export compliance or similar certifications).
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in similar functions in an international matrix organizations (customs & trade compliance, import & export specialist) within customs broker environment, preferably in the consumer goods or relevant industries (healthcare, chemicals, luxury, etc.).
- You have a sound knowledge of the international transportation business (air/ocean/truck) and their regulations as IATA/IMO/ADR/ Known Shipper and AEO compliance.
- You have an extensive knowledge of Swiss and International Customs laws and regulations with solid knowledge of OZL/ZE/ZV-regulations and stock-management of a bonded-warehouse plus carrying a preferential status along the system-chain.
- You are experienced in administration of transports and utilizing best-in-class ERP IT systems (SAP SD/MM), WMS with good digital and analytical competences
- You are an advanced user of MS Office Package, e.g. SharePoint, MS Excel (building Excel models, using macros, pivot tables, formatting, look-up tables, linking, as well as database designing skills), with ability to identify and present root/cause findings and apply into business environment.
- You are a strong team player with outstanding attention to detail, able to work in dynamic environments with strong communication and project management skills
- You can work in a process driven and multi-cultural environment with a pro-active, fact-based, pragmatic attitude that allows embracing and initiating change.
- You work in a structured way within a dynamic environment and drive simultaneously creativity and innovation.
- You have strong negotiations, communication and presentations skills.
- You have a business level fluency in German and English; any other European language knowledge is a plus.
What's on Offer
You can be part of something exciting and actively contribute to shape the new regional EMEA Supply Chain organization and its new office in Switzerland. With a strong focus on professional growth and continuous learning, our client is committed to developing the next generation of leaders for the company. The global nature of its work across multiple regions and brands, functions and channels provides fertile ground for mobility and career growth. The inclusive culture embraces diversity of thought and empowers individuals to think as entrepreneurs.