Third Party Manufacturing Planner (m/f)
Versatile tasks in a dynamic environment
Strong exposure to regional materials requirement planning activities
About Our Client
Our client is a global corporation in the consumer goods industry with a very dynamic environment and with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area.
As the Third Party Manufacturing Planner you will be part of an agile demand-driven supply chain organization.
The responsibilities of the role holder include the following:
- Maintain supply plans that are capacity and material feasible towards service targets with optimal inventory levels.
- Address priorities in the third party manufacturing planning, provide out of stock input to internal relevant stakeholders combined with a reliable delivery timing.
- Coordinate quality notifications for obsolete inventory and drive blocked stock targets.
- Perform liability calculations and manage end of life planning for phasing out products.
- Identify and implement planning improvements to reduce the links in the supply chain, the inventory and the costs in order to ultimately improve customer service level.
- Drive the performance and report the order management process; place and track purchase orders within the allocated capacity, supplier confirmation and execution.
- Participate and contribute to the monthly meeting with the vendors.
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships and effectively manage the communication with the vendors.
- Identify potential capacity constraints and suggest solutions.
- Provide constructive input to the center of excellence to further optimize internal processes.
- Actively support new product introduction to integrate new launches into the supply plans managing time lines and capacity.
The Successful Applicant
- You have an academic background with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- You have at least 3 years of experience in relevant supply chain functions (production planning or supply planning), preferably in the consumer goods or relevant industries (healthcare and life sciences, food/beverage, chemicals, luxury, etc.).
- You are customer-oriented and you have the capability to build/maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem-solver.
- You are ambitious, open-minded and hungry to learn.
- You are self-driven, change savvy and you like to challenge the status quo.
- You are fluent in English at a Business level, other languages such as Polish, Italian, French would be an advantage.
- You have an excellent understanding of ERP systems (SAP APO/ECC is desired), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What's on Offer
You can be part of something exciting and actively contribute to shape the new regional EMEA Supply Chain organization and its new office in Switzerland.