Strategic Purchaser (m/f)
International procurement exposure with a Swiss SME
Autonomous sourcing exposure incl. a close collaboration with operations
About Our Client
Our client is a high-end Swiss manufacturing company headquartered in the Zurich area, Switzerland. For its strategic sourcing team, we are looking for an internationally experienced procurement professional to be appointed as the Strategic Purchaser (m/f).
- Define, manage and execute the category strategy for the assigned direct materials
- Lead various projects related sourcing activities including new product introduction, cost saving initiatives and BCC sourcing
- Drive all supply mapping, market analysis, supplier panel optimization and SRM activities
- Manage issues with suppliers (e.g. contracts fulfillment, product quality), support respective assigned projects and link between project team and procurement function as per the relevant guideline and directives
- Work closely with R&D, quality assurance and supply chain management teams to realize effective supplier development and management.
- Establish product cost breakdowns, define value levers and target costs
The Successful Applicant
- Academic background with Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Engineering and/or Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, Economics or Management with additional advanced degrees
- At least 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing in a technical field with strong knowledge in category management is a must
- Familiarity with high mix / low volume environment
- Expertise in production process knowledge in cast, machined & pressed steel parts, plastic injection moulding components, plastic finished goods and packaging is considered an advantage as is previous project management experience
- Excellent language fluency in German and English; any other language is a plus
- Excellent skills in using MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A pro-active, fact-based, pragmatic attitude with an objective, analytical, solution and results oriented mind-set that is able to work at all levels of the company and across all functions
What's on Offer
You can be part of something exciting and can actively contribute/shape the true global sourcing activities with our client.