- Responsible for sourcing of electronic components
- Solid understanding of process management within the supply chain
About Our Client
Our client, an international company specialized in the electronic industry, located in the area of Zug, is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Strategic Buyer (m/f) to start as soon as possible.
- Commodity Management for electronic related material groups on a global base
- Negotiate contracts with non-product and product related suppliers
- Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost (focusing on projects)
- Be an interface to the Product Group and ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Tight coordination with the local and global Material Management departement
- Make sure that all necessary purchasing parameters (vendor data, contracts) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Prepare analysis and statistics to control and support the sourcing strategy and the strategic planning.
- Contribute to the definition, drive the implementation and executes the company's Strategic Sourcing Strategy (improve Asian / China content).
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes
- Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements (improve Asian / China content).
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments
- Ensure the availability of up to date supply market information
The Successful Applicant
- Successfully completed Higher Education (preferably specialized in Business or Engineering)
- Solid working experience in a technical environment
- Solid work experience in strategic sourcing (APAC), preferably in China
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes
- Solid understanding of sourcing methodologies
- Proficiency in Excel and experience in SAP
- Project Management experience in a multi-plant or international environment.
- Able to prioritize, strong communication skills and work under pressure as a team player
- Analytical, solution oriented and able to deal with a fast moving and multicultural environment
- Fluency in English is a requirement, Chinese is a big plus
- Readiness for travelling
What's on Offer
Do you have an analytical thinking and a hands-on mentality? Are you motivated to work in a flexible and dynamic environment? Are you a team player? If yes, please do not hesitate and apply now!