Senior Software Architect - Firmware, mobile and cloud (m/f)
Software Architect on firmware, cloud, web and mobile
International and fast-growing environment, great working conditions
About Our Client
Our partner is a developing wireless products for the consumer market. Linked to the company's expansion, we are recruiting skilled engineers to develop first-class technologies to go into a wide range of devices that will enhance people's experience with a new fresh design.
As an experienced and versatile architect, you know the coding practices with multiple technologies such as embedded firmware, mobile applications AND cloud. We know that this is rare and difficult to be multi-specialist, but we really need someone with those several knowledge and experienced with those technologies. Your mission is to design and maintain the architecture for security, high availability, tests, documentation, automation, coding and patterns.
More information on your potential future responsibilities below :
* Use best-in-class design patterns for security, code quality, and comply with data protection standards.
* Design and architecture the software at all levels: firmware, mobile application and web code bases.
* Conduct a strategic and technological surveillance to identify business opportunities.
* Review and document global and component architecture, define a code review policy and add missing documents.
* Balance internal development with 3rd party integration (buy or licensing).
* Contribute to achieving the final production quality pipeline: unit tests, integration tests, code analysers, automatic code documentation generation.
* Contribute to the deployment of global system integration testing: intrusion, performance.
* Contribute to final production setup including monitoring and cluster replication.
* Evaluate development cost and propose budgets, skill sets, and staffing resources.
* Review and document cloud architecture key indicators
* Review existing protocols specifications and implementations.
The Successful Applicant
* Advanced degree in computer science.
* At least 5 years of experience as Software Architect.
* Experience with multiple technologies: embedded firmware, mobile, web, cloud.
* Experience using TCP/IP, UDP and VoIP; any other protocol would be a plus.
* Being independent, good communicator with leadership, synthetic, structured and organised, and able to share knowledge across multidisciplinary team in a high-tech environment.
* Distributed systems/architecture knowledge and experience with various mission-critical systems
* Strong programming capabilities in the following languages: PHP / Python / C
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
* Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment testing and automation tools (Jenkins etc.)
* Required concept of code quality (complexity, styling, unit testing, functional testing)
* Required knowledge in concept of Service Oriented Architecture and building applications over HTTP protocol.
* Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
* Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation
* Strong communication skills - able to work effectively with technical and non-technical teammates
* Strong level of written/verbal English
What's on Offer
* A fast-growing company with experienced and passionate colleagues
* An international environment, interactions with the team spread worldwide
* A very exciting challenge, working on innovative wireless products for consumer market
* Good working conditions linked to the responsibilities offered
* More confidential information you will be delighted to discover!
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.