Senior Manager, Indirect Taxation (VAT) - Global (m/f)
Global role within global company
International exposure from Prague, Brussels or Geneva
About Our Client
Our client, the world's leading IT and communications specialist, is one of the most internationally diverse companies, serving over 200 countries and territories and speak over 60 different languages.
- Reporting to Head of Tax in Geneva, Switzerland, and supporting the regional International Tax Senior Managers
- Manage the outsourced indirect tax compliance and reporting processes, including the management of the external tax compliance providers and other local tax consultants, and working with the Finance Control function responsible for the provision of data.
- Review the group systems to implement process improvements.
- Work closely with the IT finance technology department to implement improved processes for Customer indirect tax invoicing, accounting and for the implementation of digital compliance processes, as these evolve internationally.
- Manage the cash flow recovery of indirect taxes, and manage tax audits, liaising with local tax authorities using local advisors as applicable
- Act as the key point of contact and support for indirect compliance tax matters and input into global tax team for specific projects.
- Provide indirect tax support for the financial statements audits for local entities and for the group
- Provide indirect tax support for group Business Cases, as required
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operation matters to the Group, and on changes in group structure
- Lead and coordinate ad-hoc tax-driven business affecting indirect taxation
- Review the group systems, processes and controls to recommend and implement enhancements and improvements.
- As the indirect tax specialist, advise on current and emerging requirements
- Support wider finance and compliance initiatives as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant degree plus CPA qualification and with specialist qualification in taxation, including indirect taxation
- Min 8 years' of related work experience in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or multinational companies handling international indirect taxes
- Technically strong with solid knowledge and experience in indirect taxes, and good knowledge of interrelation with direct taxes and accounting
- Good knowledge of tax technology aspects of indirect taxes
- Strong accounting understanding and implications for indirect taxes
- Prior experience in indirect tax strategy implementation, planning support, and project management will be advantageous
- Demonstrate strong leadership, energy and commitment, with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Possess good business acumen and highly adaptive, with ability to work well under pressure
- Mature, hands-on, proactive, and resourceful with good initiative
- Good team-worker, as part of international tax team, while working autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong financial and risk control mindset coupled with the flexibility to handle on-going changes in business and laws & regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to dive into detail while driving projects to a conclusion
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple projects, and the confidence to engage and integrate directly into various teams
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positive attitude
- Fluency in English is a must
What's on Offer
Interesting career opportunity with rewarding salary package.