- Strong experience in category pigment
- Solid understanding of process management within the supply chain
About Our Client
Our client, an international company specialized in the engineering, located in the area of Basel, is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Category Manager Pigment (m/f) to start as soon as possible.
- Accountable for managing direct material spend of $100+ MM.
- Achieve Y-o-Y cost savings and Variable Margin Improvement (joint metrics with technology)
- Supports and consults with GCM in the development of rolling 3-year Category Roadmaps
- Evaluate our current purchasing approaches and propose improvements where needed
- Utilize e-technologies (i.e. RFP's, internet auctions and on-line vendor management)
- Lead external purchasing of pigment procurement to ensure quality on-time delivery of materials and
- services at a competitive cost and in compliance with all company guidelines.
- Perform market analysis, benchmark analysis, and develop "should cost" models at a commodity
- level and subcategory levels.
- Manage supplier relationships and contract negotiations which identify suppliers capable of meeting
- product and service requirements for both current and future business needs.
- Lead cross-functional qualification projects for alternate or second source suppliers.
- Monitor and resolve major disconnects within the order to pay process.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- Successfully completed Higher Education (preferably specialized in Supply Chain or Procurement)
- Solid working experience in a technical environment
- Solid work experience in strategic sourcing
- Relative experience in pigment is required
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes
- Solid understanding of sourcing methodologies
- Project Management experience in a multi-plant or international environment.
- Able to prioritize, strong communication skills and work under pressure as a team player
- Analytical, solution oriented and able to deal with a fast moving and multicultural environment
- Fluency in English is a requirement, German would be a big plus
What's on Offer
Do you have an analytical thinking and a hands-on mentality? Are you motivated to work in a flexible and dynamic environment? Are you a team player? If yes, please do not hesitate and apply now!