Senior Account Manager (m/f)
IT experience (Hardware/Storage + Cloud)
Strong Key Account Management skills
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading IT company, elevating its customer's innovation advantage by combining information technology (IT), operational technology (OT) and domain expertise.
- Reporting to the Sales Director in Switzerland, you will proactively discover new business sales opportunities and/or grow existing accounts.
- As a core member of the sales team, you will be responsible for a dedicated set of existing and/or prospective target accounts.
- You will own a personal sales quota and will be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Focus on developing accounts and acquiring new business in conjunction with our partner ecosystem to sell outcome based solutions.
- Using your initiative and solution-selling experience, you will build relationships at a senior business level in order to identify customer needs and gauge the extent to which the solutions portfolio represents sound resolutions to these business challenges.
- Based on your thorough understanding of customer requirements, you will present relevant offerings from the portfolio to IT and business departments, ultimately developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Understanding and tracking the clients' total IT spend on the company and competitor solutions.
- Engaging with pre-sales, partner account managers, professional services and senior management as necessary to articulate the solution to the existing or prospective customer.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts.
- Maintaining your knowledge of the company solutions, competitive products, customer vertical industry trends and particularities, as well as an in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy, to help the customer make future technology decisions.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree from a recognized institution is ideal, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Proven experience of software solution-selling within a major vendor, distributor or system integrator.
- Good knowledge of the IT data solutions market and particularly storage/ infrastruture economics.
- Demonstrate that you have a consistent track record of sales achievement of high value orders within a new business or account management environment.
- Capability to lead virtual teams within a matrix organisation.
- You should be a self-motivated professional who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager.
- Ability to act as a consultant and expert, attracting interest in solutions and services by combining sales with the delivery of intellectual knowledge.
- Continously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends, including environmental and competitive influencing forces.
- Act as a customer advocate, showing empathy with their challenges and issues and creating plans to address their needs.
- Ability to probe, listen, qualify and resolve concerns or obstacles of a sale in a logical fashion, emphasising solutions that will deliver maximum benefit.
- Strong business acumen, capable of engaging in C-Level discussions and posess effective negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English and French
What's on Offer
Long-term challenge within top global leading company.