Quality Team Leader (m/f)
International company with a large production site in Switzerland
New created role with project engineering and people management responsibility
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational in the consumer goods industry with a large production site and several distribution centers, warehouses, offices and points of sale across Switzerland.
This is a new created role which reports directly into the Plant Quality Manager and will be in charge of multiple quality projects in the plant, both local initiatives as well as global quality projects which are rolled out in the Swiss plant.
The core areas of responsibility would be:
- Plan and organise all quality assurance activities related with the production activity.
- Resolve issues: record the deviation, identify the root cause of the problem and implement the corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs) to solve the problem.
- Liaise with the business and the production department on decisions to be made on quality deviations.
- Quality assurance aspects of incoming the raw material and packaging components to the production lines as well as participating in line trials for new product or new packaging launches.
In addition the hired person will lead a team of 3 Production Quality Specialists, each of them working in the morning, afternoon and night shift. The core activity of the team members is the visual inspection of the produced and packaged items The main role as team leader will be to provide training and coaching to the team on SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), root cause analysis and GMP standards.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a qualified quality professional who brings at least 4 years of experience in a similar job and a proven experience project engineering in the field of production quality.
We expect solid leadership skills in three core aspects:
- Decision making
- Accountability and able to work independently with little supervision
- Problem solving, which includes as well coaching the team in root cause problem solving and associated corrective and preventive actions (CAPA)
This job requires fluent German skills (mainly for the work on-site) and as well upper-intermediate English skills (for the communication with the business).
In addition there would be some nice-to-have experience and skills:
- People management experience / People management skills
- SAP knowledge
- Background in the consumer or consumer health sector or a regulated environment in general (e.g. GMP standards)
- Budget management
- Knowhow in statistical sampling, AQL/ANSI interpretation
What's on Offer
Permanent position in a solid and growing company.
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.