Global player in consumer goods in the Zurich region
Strong Project Management exposure in O2C and WMS
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with multiple manufacturing plants and distribution centers across the globe. To strengthen their travel retail supply chain operations globally, we are recruiting a Project Manager (m/f).
The projects focus on a long-term enhancement of the travel retail supply chain into a state-of-the-art distribution network, which can absorb the Travel Retail business volatility and adaptable to changing trends. The distribution network will be modular and further scalable, aligned with the growth rate of the business unit.
The Project Manager undertakes various projects within the scope of O2C and works intensively on (but not limited to) implementing a new SAP EWM template that will be rolled out in several distribution centers. This includes variety of projects form upgrade of existing legacy software to SAP EWM to implementation of integration with a 3PL solution depending on the location.
Project Manager will report to the Value Realization Lead and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead blueprinting design sessions and coordinate solution finding with technical resources
- Act as the coordinator between implementation vendor and global IT teams and business for customizing and definition of global template
- Define functional business requirements for integration of EWM and other satellite systems (i.e. video) with SAP ECC
- Support & Develop IT infrastructure definitions and collaborate with the technical teams to assure readiness of required IT infrastructure
- Lead and prepare test cycles from unit test to full integration testing including development of test scripts
- Support the distribution automation processes within the enterprise and reach for new state of the art technologies and cost-effective solutions
- Create training documentation for systems operation
- Support business in user Training
- Provide second level support to coordinate incidents
- Build up a trustworthy relationship with the global IT and Supply Chain communities
- Provide expert advice in design of the solutions
The Successful Applicant
The selected candidate must bring excellent skills in coordination of IT Projects, with the main exposure on O2C and WM Processes. Sound knowledge of supply chain processes from order taking through warehouse to billing will be key to execute the position. The hired candidate should have a university degree (combined with an MBA is preferred) in logistics, supply chain, engineering or a similar education and at least 10 years of experience in a project lead role within a comparable position.
For this position we require a business fluency in English. Strong Project Management Skills (PMP/PRINCE2) and good knowledge of WMS and ERP (e.g. SAP EWM) are desired. Exposure to 3PLs Management, with Lean Management & Lean Logistic as well as Good Logistics Operations will provide the ideal candidate an advantage to execute the position accordingly. Expertise in Microsoft Office tools as well as in project management software tools are required. Finally, up to 30-40% business travel is also expected to manage and support the projects globally.
In terms of soft skills, we are looking for candidates with following attributes:
- Strong conceptual & analytical skills
- Analytical and process driven individual that can manage multiple assignments, tracks and reports progress on numerous processes simultaneously
- Results based leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- progressive, flexible and team-oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment
- Smart negotiator with internal and external business partners
- Flexible attitude and solution-oriented
- Team player and supportive of change
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a journey that will create one of the most modern and sophisticated distribution centers networks globally with a state of the art logistic and technical concepts. The position holder will also participate further projects globally.
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.