Project Manager (Electronics / Hardware / Firmware)
Global leading multinational
Project Management in the innovation of new products and technologies
About Our Client
Our client is a large multinational in the electrical engineering industry.
This new created position reports into a Senior Program Manager (based in Germany) and is part of a team of project managers based in UK, Germany and Switzerland.
The scope of the team is both on R&D of new products (NPI, New Product Introduction) as well as the Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) of legacy products and new variants of existing products.
Our client uses a stage gate NPI methodology and the project manager is involved after Gate 0 is approved until the completion of the project, that means from the concept phase until full readiness for serial production and preparation for the successful market launch.
The core responsibilities of the role would be:
- Monitors the profit and loss of projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Initiates feasibility commitments for new programs, develops investment and timing requirements,
- Manages effective communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Manages customer expectations and commitments internal to the business.
- Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate to support the project execution and teams; Coordinates project reviews, prepares and publishes program management metrics and reports whilst maintaining the metrics for the project.
- Provides periodic project updates (Project Status Report) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g. technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional and sector levels.
- Manages the scope and specification for the project taking into account the need of customer, stakeholders and in collaboration with the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Reports project progress and information, performs project reviews, identifies risks and deviations, and obtains solutions.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Business
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Project Managemt in a product / technology development organisation
- Strong knowledge and experience in program management methodologies, processes and tools. Project Management qualification (PMP or equivalente) is highly desirable
- Industrial background in Automation, Electronics, Hardware, Firmware/Software is a must
- Project Management qualification (PMP or equivalente) is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - both verbal and written, with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to customers and internally
- Business fluent in English. At least upper-intermediate level of German (B1-B2)
- Availability for around 25% travel (mostly in Europe)
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to join a global leading multinational and participate in innovative product development projects.
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.