Marketing Communication Specialist (m/w)
Innovative medical equipment company
About Our Client
Our client is a well known medical equipment company, leader in its field.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Communication Specialist will be part of the European Marketing team. This role will be responsible for project management of marketing content in close collaboration with global and regional teams, implementing communication processes and timelines for product, capital and clinical marketing as well as managing implementation of European marketing communications
The person in this role is responsible for on-time and on-budget project delivery, and will be instrumental in maintaining messaging and translation consistency across communication platforms, including print, video, web and multimedia. This position serves as a main point of contact for the EU Marketing team and the Global brand and creative team for their projects. This position is also responsible for initiating, monitoring and managing the progress of Legal, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs approvals for their projects.
- Serve as the central point of contact and project manager for customer-facing Marketing Communication projects; work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional contributors
- Develop, implement and manage translation quality processes for Europe and local entities.
- Conceptualize the purpose, tone, voice and precedence of the EU marketing messaging and communication
- Initiate, monitor and influence the progress of Legal, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs approvals
- Prioritize and manage numerous projects and tasks using project tracking systems and databases to help maintain high quality (timelines & budget) collaboration within the EU Marketing team and US global creative team, approved content, files and descriptions.
- As required, coordinate logistics for production and delivery of promotional materials for scheduled events; manage production within budget, working with key vendors through a purchase order system.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of five years' experience in Marketing Communications, preferably in the medical device field and/or with agencies
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Journalism, Marketing, Linguistic, Communications -- or equivalent work experience
- This position requires exceptional written and verbal skills in English, French and German.
- Experience in a marketing communication role is strongly preferred. This experience should be with an in-house or independent advertising agency producing print communications, video and websites. Experience, interest in and aptitude for multimedia is a must.
- Self-starter with ability to edit and update Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and HTML files; work in content management systems, document control systems.
- This position requires an aptitude for and interest in editing and providing quality control feedback to project and content owners. The ideal candidate would be skilled in editing technical/promotional documentation on surgical/medical procedures.
- Customer-service orientation, superior organization and project management skills are critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate can show a successful track record of influencing peers, management and vendors to achieve measurable results; strong emotional intelligence, reflecting the capacity to identify, assess and direct the emotions of oneself and groups.
- A deep understanding of the principles of strong business communications, marketing communications and experience in applying strategic objectives to influence both creative and production.
- Familiarity with document control and manufacturing systems. Skilled in budget management, financial accountability and purchasing. Familiarity with production cost structures and the ability to assess and work within budgets is a key qualification.
What's on Offer
New position allowing leadership and large responsibilities.