Legal Advisor English speaker - Permanent position 100% (m/f)
Minimum 3 years of experience in the legal field - English close to native
Permanent position in a prestigious company
About Our Client
Under the supervision of the manager, the candidate will work on a European scope and will:
1) Act as the subject-matter expert on data privacy matters , including:
- Assisting our Data Protection Officer and other associates in ensuring compliance with data protection requirements;
- Performing legal analysis on topics pertaining to the Global Data Protection Regulation, with support from the group's internal and external lawyers;
- Reviewing and updating relevant policies and procedures;
- Reacting with respect to any breaches and engagements with local privacy authorities throughout Europe;
- Participating across groups to support local and global data privacy design initiatives;
- Helping to develop and deliver training to associates on data privacy matters.
2) Support our contracts activity - including outsourcing agreements, investment-related agreements, marketing agreements and non-disclosure agreements - to ensure the group contracts on appropriate terms with third parties. This will require:
- Coordinating and updating global standard terms from time-to-time;
- Delivering training to business areas to enable them to review and manage contracts;
- Identifying and responding to key developments that impact our contracts.
3) Assist on intellectual property and trademark matters, including preparation of relevant policies and contractual terms, liaising with law authorities in the event of incidents of malicious cloning and engaging with internal and external counsel as necessary.
4) Support the EU Legal function more broadly to develop new skills, new contacts and a deeper understanding of our business. This will require the candidate to:
- Prepare, review and execute documentation and research issues;
- Interact with attorneys, external counsel and regulators on various issues, with guidance from Senior Managers;
- Attend training events and conferences from time-to-time;
- Participate in departmental and inter-departmental projects;
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Law degree
- Minimum 3 years of legal work-experience ideally related to data privacy.
- Close to native speaker in English. French will be a strong asset.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and ability to resolve matters of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrate initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate and develop/maintain relationships within the Group.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
What's on Offer
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.