Interim - Senior Finance Manager, Country Programme Grants
Assignment in an international organisation
Competitive salary package and international work exposure
About Our Client
Our client is an international organisation.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
Business Partner (40%)
- Finance partner for all Secretariat teams for all financial aspects relating to country programmes and investment cases;
- Provide financial and accounting guidance on options and recommendations on new programmatic developments;
- Relationship manager with external partners;
- Responsible for the preparation of input to the Audit Finance Committee and Board papers;
- Responsible for review of approvals, ensure approvals are obtained timely and within the Board approved forecast;
- Respond to Country Programme Grants queries and reporting.
Financial Accounting & Operations: (50%)
- Ensure payments are made timely and against approved budgets and legal commitments, following required procedures;
- Ensure monthly and year-end close is performed timely and accurately;
- Supervise maintenance of Country Programme Grants database, including update in relation to Board/CEO approvals, disbursements, variances and other transactions;
- Review monthly reconciliations on Country programme liabilities, including Country programme database to Accounting;
- Ensure policy and procedures are updated with any changes;
- Monitor and review approvals and payments for investment case procurement costs;
- Ensure all accounting records related to the Country Programme Grants are up to date and accurate.
Financial Reporting: (10%)
- Responsible for internal reporting of programmatic expenditures. Ensure accurate and up-to-date data is maintained on SharePoint, website and data warehouse;
- Responsible for reporting to different organisations;
- Ensure programme approvals and quarterly updates are communicated;
- Provide any other ad-hoc reports as/when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant (CPA or equivalent) required;
- Advanced university Degree in the field of the position.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience in grant accounting, accounting, and financial systems;
- Experience in working with US GAAP and/or IFRS;
- Experience in reconciling complex projects and programmes.
- Attention to detail - CRITICAL
- Meticulous, accurate and self-checking - CRITICAL
- Organised, able to cope with stress and manage priorities to meet continuous deadlines - CRITICAL
- Strong and Effective oral and written communication skills in English;
- Creativity and problem solving;
- Microsoft Access knowledge;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular excel, , word, Microsoft AX or other ERP;
- Proactive, flexible, self-starter with fresh ideas and enthusiasm;
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join an international organisation.