Head of Marketing (M/F) - Biometric Security Provider
Unique opportunity to build up the Marketing department for a Swiss SME
Based around Zurich Lake
About Our Client
Our client is biometric security provider with products and solutions in Access Control, Time & Attendance and Workforce Management. To manage the planned company growth the Management has decided to create a new role as Head of Marketing that will encompass all instruments and channels of our customer communication.
So far Marketing was part of Sales and mostly outsourced. In the context of a major expansion into new markets, the role of Marketing becomes more significant. The Head of Marketing will join the Management Team. Product Management and the Customer Training will be embedded into the Marketing Department.
With a strategic mindset, you will choose the most relevant approach(es) to reach our end customers/partners and strengthen the brand. Thereby, you will rely on internal and external resources. The ultimate goal is a measurable impact on sales growth.
Your role and key responsibilities:
- Take a macro view of the market, company, competition and the trends that impact a customer's ability and willingness to buy
- Evaluate and advance our marketing strategy and plan
- Work with sales department to develop distribution & pricing strategies maximizing profits and market share
- Support sales and lead generation efforts
- Get conceptionally involved into the specs, design, production, cost & pricing, packaging, launch, advertising and selling of new products
- Identify and focus on the relevant marketing instruments promising the highest impact
- Create and lead digital marketing campaigns in close collaboration with the Head of Sales
- Measure and document the performance of each campaign
- Maintain website and social media representation and improve it based on data analytics
- Organize company conferences, trade shows, and major events
- Develop and promote a compelling story to further increase the brand awareness among our target customers
- Ensure our brand message is consistent across all channels and marketing efforts
- Run the marketing department in ways that promote higher profitability and competitiveness
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing, new products and features)
The Successful Applicant
What we are looking for
- An ambitious, self-motivated woman or man who thrives in a fast-paced environment and takes responsibility for the achievement of highly ambitious targets. We will measure you based on your performance.
- You have a broad knowledge in Marketing of technical products and some special know-how in digital Marketing and Communication.
Personal characteristics and mindset
- High level of personal integrity
- Professional and proactive work ethics
- Team Player, Giver, "easy-care"
- Analytical and conceptual competence
- Good organization and planning skills
- Effective time management and ability to focus on priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication & presentation skills
Qualifications and Track Record
- BSc or MSc in marketing, business, communications, or related field
- Work experience as Head of Marketing in an SME, preferably within related industry
- Competence in marketing of technical products
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns
- Experience in CRM software
- Familiarity and knowledge of digital and online marketing methods
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- German and English on a professional level
What's on Offer
- A dynamic company where out of the box ideas are welcomed and acted upon
- A professional and target-oriented culture where:
- managers act as role models
- everybody is treated with fairness & respect
- people are encouraged to take their own decisions, hence mistakes are accepted as part of the learning process
- dissonances are settled openly & without delay
- High level of personal responsibility and autonomy
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.