Finance Manager (m/f)
Growing company in Zurich developing international projects for their clients
Experience in Swissgaap and IFRS, build up Accounting department
About Our Client
Our client has recently set up their operational business from scratch and is currently growing their office and Zurich and looking for someone to build up the Finance department.
They work at international level developing infrastructure and construction projects and have ambitious growth targets for the office in Switzerland.
Reporting to the General Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Transfer accounting activities and set up processes, guidelines and tools to run accurate closing activities
- Ensure monthly reporting as well as statutory closing in Swissgaap with reporting packages under IFRS
- Accurately treat from an accounting point of view the import and export of machinery from Switzerland and other locations, as well as providing insight on tax implications in this field.
- Establish a strong relationship with senior management team, external providers and other stakeholders
- Actively participate in ad-hoc projects (system implementations, new group policies etc)
- Ensure compliance with local and international regulations
- Support with budget and forecasting process and other related controlling tasks
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree in Business Administration, ideally with an accounting qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
You have more than 6 years of work experience
All-round Finance background with strong focus on Accounting and Controlling.
You have a track record working with Swissgaap and IFRS
You are hands on and able to build up a department from scratch, with the ability to still go into basics and details whilst maintaining the bigger picture
Strong communication skills and the ability to support and collaborate with project managers, senior management team and external partners
Willingness to travel 20%
You are able to cope with uncertainty and have flexibility to be in a changing environment
Previous experience leading a small team and working during the buildup phase of a department would be a plus
English fluent both in written and verbal and the ability to communicate in German would be important
What's on Offer
Opportunity to put a stamp in the Finance department and make a real impact in a growing company.
Possibility to also develop management capabilities in the short term.
Central location in Zurich with 20% travel involved.