- International Education institution
- All-rounder finance role
About Our Client
Our client is a not-for-profit international school located in the Geneva area. Over the last 5 years, the campus has been extended and activity keeps growing. We are currently recruiting their future Finance and Back-Office Manager (F/M).
- Post and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Regularly monitor and chase debts
- Update accounts payable, process invoices and perform reconciliations
- File quarterly VAT returns
- Process balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal
and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately
available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly analytics
- Termly reporting to budget holders
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly closings
- Lead financial audits
- Lead with other accounting projects
- Lead with outlook and budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Maintain and develop sage 200 cloud.
- Lead and run iSAMS, Google, Papercut, Realsmart and all back office IT systems.
- Create and maintain the students and staff databases with the Head of Admissions and HR.
- Ensure that all students and staff have correct access to school systems and are issued the
appropriate apple device
- Be first point of support for urgent IT issues in the school
The Successful Applicant
● A minimum of five years experience in a finance management role as well as working in an
● A minimum of five years of experience as a Bursar or School Business Manager in an
International or UK Curriculum School.
● Experience of preparing documents for audit, filing statutory reports and declarations (Eg: VAT)● Use of professional grade accountancy systems including implementation and development of
the system for example Sage 200 (including back end set up and maintenance).● Working knowledge and experience of school integrated systems and how to ensure they work
well together to facilitate school efficiency. ● Familiarity with CAT4 and PTE, PTM and PTS products.● Experience of setting up an MIS for reporting and creating class data sheets.● The ability to communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues and to work as part of
a collaborative team● Flexibility, a sense of humour and a willingness to contribute to all aspects of school life including
trips, projects, special events and clubs● Written and verbal Fluency in English and the ability to communicate in French and to learn the
language quickly if not fluent.● Significant IT skills including google educator training or equivalent, line management or
technical experience of iSAMS or SIMS, advanced excel work, clear understanding and
manipulation of SQL databases. This should be obtained in a UK school or a UK curriculum
international school● Payroll creation and checking
What's on Offer