- Develop the region's overall communication strategy
- Partner with key stakeholders : New EMEA President, Marketing, Country Manager
About Our Client
FMC is an agricultural sciences company that advances farming through innovative and sustainable crop protection technologies. We are investing significant resources in discovering new active ingredients, developing innovative formulations and biologicals in addition to advancing precision agricultural technologies that support sustainable farming around the world.
FMC is consolidating its EMEA regional headquarter in Geneva, Switzerland, and the office is planned to open in September 2021.
FMC employs around 6400 people and in EMEA we operate in more than 37 countries. We foster an inclusive environment where diverse background and experiences are keys to our success. Our six Core Values define who we are and how we do business: Customer-Centricity, Sustainability, Respect for People, Safety, Integrity and Agility.
Reporting to VP Communication & Public Affairs, you will work collaboratively with the region's corporate and business leadership to communicate an FMC narrative consistent with the corporate brand but customized for EMEA audiences. You will also work closely with country marketers and marketing communication specialists to ensure appropriate alignment, execution efficiency, and the right success measures are in place for the company's integrated marketing communication strategies throughout the EMEA region.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Internal/Employee Communications/ Leadership Communications:
- Promote FMC regional goals and performance to internal audiences; work with new EMEA president and regional leadership to communicate regional, business, and corporate priorities.
- Direct communication support for major in-region activities and campaigns associated with various FMC events.
- Support new EMEA president and regional leadership with internal and external communication needs, and align these efforts to assure consistency, effectiveness, and clarity across EMEA.
- Provide oversight and guidance to country marketing communications professionals to ensure the team is aligned, follows marketing communication best practices, and leverages experiences across the region.
- Engage with Global Strategic Marketing and Associate Director of Global Marketing Communications on new product and technology launches in EMEA region.
Company Profile/Brand, Reputation Management/ Media Relation
- Work with regional leadership and commercial teams to develop brand awareness strategies in key EMEA markets.
- Ensure FMC's reputation as a sustainable, ethical, responsible, science-based global company is upheld and strengthened through communication strategies, consistent messaging, and stakeholder engagement.
- Serve as primary media spokesperson for major regional, country, or local/site announcements and oversee FMC's external response to current and legacy issues in EMEA region.
Public Affairs/Enterprise Communications:
- Collaborate with FMC Government Affairs, Regulatory, and other functions on issues that have EMEA implication and with Corporate Communications on enterprise-wide programs and initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for someone who has experience across various communication disciplines in a corporate or agency environment. The successful candidate can develop strategy but also knows how to execute.
- Successful candidate should have at least 10-15 years of functional experience in corporate communications, public relations, public affairs, marketing communications (or combination) or related field.
- Media relations, issues/crisis management, marketing communications, and internal communications experience are required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public affairs or a related discipline is required. An advanced degree (e.g.: MBA or master's degree in related field) is desirable.
- Strong English, written and oral presentations skills. Multilingual preferred.
- Willing to travel and occasionally work outside of normal hours: 5-10% Estimation.
- Prioritizes competing demands and knows how to get things done in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Capable of working in a complex, matrixed, global organization.
- Able to maintain close working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Team player but can work independently with a high bias for action, highly resilient/ does not shrink under pressure.
- Able to develop creative ideas into executable plans.
- Strong writing and editing skills are a must.
What's on Offer
- In Geneva you will be working in a newly established, modern open floor office environment with a professional, international and collaborative atmosphere.
- FMC offers competitive compensation and benefit packages
- FMC is dedicated to the learning and development to our employees and to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute and be recognized as innovators, look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it.
- See Yourself in FMC, Be Yourself in FMC. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees reflect the community, are valued, find purpose in their work, and grow and contribute to their fullest potential.