- Senior profile with ability to work autonomously under pressure
- Very large project in the Swiss Alps
About Our Client
Our client is a privately-owned investment firm, dedicated to developing and promoting an ambitious real estate project in Wallis.
In that respect, we have been mandated to recruit an experienced Construction Director who will oversee the construction phase of the entire project.
As Construction Director you will be required to act as the single focal point of contact between the Company and the internal and external delivery team members to ensure that the desired project objectives are delivered.
Your main activities will include:
- Keep all parties informed on project progress, attend and conduct project meetings, carry out decisions in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the project is built in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
- Assure project schedules and weekly progress reports.
- Review, negotiate, and maintain control of all potential change orders.
- Schedule and conduct all project meetings.
- Inspect the physical progress daily.
- Review and approve all payment requisitions and supporting documentation.
- Maintain timely progress in the preparation of documents by consultants.
- Prepare and review all Scopes of Work, Bid Let, Review and recommend contracts.
- Ensure all building permits and approvals for all municipal jurisdictions are obtained.
- Technical expertise of the documentation
The Successful Applicant
- Direct experience working in a similar Project Director role, ideally with exposure to the hospitality sector.
- Strong organisational skills and capacity to work on a large project including several smaller ones simultaneously.
- Switzerland work experience is a must.
- Must be fluent in French and English.
- Highly experienced in building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and implementing key processes and policies.
- Team Player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energize others.
- Ability to travel often to Wallis.
What's on Offer
A unique opportunity to join an ambitious project, working within a multicultural and international environment.