- Interesting and challenging role in the back office for a well known institute
- Focus on settlements and confirmations, Start AUG 2nd
À propos de notre client
Our client is a international financial institution of global importance and offices in Basel. We are looking for a motivated candidate to join the team as of AUG 2nd until the end of November.
Description du poste
Works as part of a team responsible for the day-to-day control of settlements and confirmations of the Bank's trades.
Ability to cover a variety of Back Office tasks, possibly on a rotational basis These include:
- Investigate and resolve confirmation mismatches and settlement failures together with front office, Nostro agents, custodians and customers.
- Ensure timeliness of settlements according to different markets' deadlines.
- Ensure timeliness of reconciliations according to internal procedures.
- To maintain best standards and efficiency in Settlements and Confirmations and associated controlling processes.
- Perform adjusting entries and write offs.
- To ensure conformity with the rules set by Compliance or Audit.
- Keep abreast of development in standards and settlements in financial markets.
- Participation in projects and production of reports.
- Commercial / Banking diploma or equivalent.
- Good understanding of financial instruments, new initiatives in Banking industry and markets' practice.
- Demonstrated experience of S.W.I.F.T messaging formats.
- Knowledge of Reuters & Bloomberg information systems.
- Flexible, cooperative, excellent team member.
- Demonstrated ability to work methodically and accurately even under pressure.
- Strong organisation abilities.
- Strong customer-focus
- Ability to communicate clearly and promptly within and outside the organisation.
- Fluency in English. Other major languages desirable.
- Minimum of two year's work experience in Back, Front or Middle Office activities.
- Good experience with Reconciliation systems and as integrated Trading systems
- Challenging environment in a leading financial institution
- Quick start, international and dynamic environment