ASAP: Fund Administrator with German and English - PE (m/w)
Global asset management firm with focus on private equity and clean energy
Minimum 12-month contract as a Funds Administrator - ideal start in February
About Our Client
Our client is an internationally active asset management firm catering to a global client base consisting of corporations, foundation, HNWIs, pension funds and others. We are looking for a highly professional and experienced Fund Administrator to support the local team in Zug as of February for at least 12 months.
- First point of contact for the administration of assigned Funds: manage external parties/service providers involved in the day-to-day operations of the Funds (administrators, paying agents, trustees/depositories, etc.) independently or with limited supervision.
- Close collaboration with other departments, especially Client Relations, Legal & Compliance and Business development regarding client deliverables for assigned funds
- Monitor external parties/service providers quality level according to agreed SLAs, compliance and other benchmarks and flagging quality issues.
- Review/prepare periodic SLA monitoring reports for service quality review meetings with the external partners and within audit control framework (ISAE 3402).
- Periodic budget planning for assigned Funds
- Continuous monitoring of fees invoiced by providers, periodic actual VS budget analysis.
- Maintain processes and documents for fee benchmarking, selection of new providers and/or fee negotiations with external service providers
- Approval of fee invoices and monitoring of the payment process, including VAT checks
- Support fundraising efforts of Sales Department and Investment Management: preparation of RfP/RfIs for prospective clients and/or cost estimations for upcoming products.
- Monitor and coordinate providers to ensure that all Funds fulfill their legal, tax, regulatory compliance and other contractual deliverables.
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisors and ensure that service providers complete year-end support files timely and accurately to ensure timely and on budget for the completion of annual audit and tax engagements.
- Flag audit findings and/or compliance issues to management.
- Evaluate the subsequent findings & "lessons learned" from annual audit & tax compliance to enhance service quality and participate in service provider presentations and/or to board meetings, AGMs, investment management and risk management committee's meetings as required.
- Periodically review SLA and Operation Manuals with existing providers as and initiate updates if necessary. Pro-actively identify and propose service quality improvements that can be implemented with providers.
- Ensure proper compliance with the annual audit, active approach towards further strengthening internal monitoring controls, electronic workflow documentation and service quality improvements.
- Help to coordinate with all stakeholders of the firm-wide annual control audit (ISAE3402).
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting, regulatory or investments related questions
- Coordinate with internal departments regarding regulatory reporting requirements or ad-hoc requests from regulators (e.g. AIFMD reporting, AUM calculations, TER ratios, Solvency II reporting, CRR/CRD Reporting, FATCA/CRS requests as well as providing KYC/AML documents to external parties as necessary).
The Successful Applicant
- 3-6 years' experience in a similar role at an asset manager, fund administrator or Big4/consultancy specialized in alternative investments (especially Private Equity)
- Degree in accounting, finance or similar - relevant qualification in Accounting or Tax needed
- Fluent in English and German - other languages such as Italian/Spanish/French ar an asset
- General knowledge of private equity operations and terminology.
- Solid and thorough knowledge of the day-to-day operation of Alternative Investments Funds (Private Equity, Infrastructure, Private Debt or Real Estate), operating procedures and coordination of different parties.
- Strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory compliance framework for the asset management industry for alternative investments (e.g. AML, KYC, AIFMD, FATCA, CRS).
- Understanding of applicable accounting & valuation standards in the Private Equity industry (IPEV, ILPA, EVCA/InvestEurope, IFRS, US-GAAP, UK-GAAP etc.).
- Understanding of Investor Reporting standards, KPIs and other metrics used to produce meaningful written content to investors.
- Basic understanding of tax rules and withholding taxes especially for the German market (desireable)
- Experience with relevant ERP system in the alternative assets industry such as SunGard, Burgiss, desired, knowledge of eFront (Front Invest Alternatives) a strong plus
- Prior experience with investor portals a plus.
What's on Offer
- Dynamic and international work environment in the city of Zug
- Long term contract with potential take-over and attractive conditions