You are here
Technical Director / Technischer Leiter Intra-Logistics (m/f)
International corporation in FMCG
Unique project for creating a state of the art, best in class DC in Switzerland
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and distributions centers across Europe.
In the context of a large project of the construction of a new state of art distribution center in Switzerland, that will act as global distribution center for the fastest growing business segment of the company, we are searching for a Technical Project Lead.
This Technical Project Lead will report to the new distribution center Project Director and will responsible for leading the part of the project related with technical processes and equipment, from the concept design to the go-live and further stabilization.
The project is at the moment in the concept design phase and planned to be finished by 2020.
The scope of the Technical Project Lead will include as core elements:
- Technical infrastructure of a highly automated distribution center
- Building infrastructure
- Concepts for maintenance and operation of technical facilities and equipment
- Interface with the Logistics Project Lead that will focus on warehouse layout, warehouse operating model, picking models, etc.
- Interface with the general planning contractor that will be in charge of the civil engineering and logistics infrastructure part of the new distribution center
- Interface with the IT department for integrating the warehouse software solutions with the corporate ERP system
- Stakeholder management with the business and with the regional process owners
- In a later phase responsibility over the technical tests and training of the technical staff that will take over the service to the operation.
This is a permanent position with a career plan to transition into a role as Technical Leader of the new distribution center once the operation is up and running. In that role as Technical Leader you will lead a team of engineers and technicians in charge of the maintenance, repair and operation support, plus further investment projects on technical facilities and equipment.
The hired candidate will benefit from all the knowledge and experience acquired during the project phase for an efficient transition into the business as usual operation.
The Successful Applicant
For this unique opportunity we are looking for a senior professional that will have a combination of three main skills and areas of expertise.
- Strong expertise and know-how on the state of the art technology for highly automated distribution centers. This includes sound technical knowledge in disciplines like robotics, mechatronics, automation and software.
- Project Management skills, in particular for the initial phase of the job (3-4 years), that focuses on the design, construction and ramp-up of a new distribution center.
- Leadership and managerial skills for the second phase of the job, which covers the technical lead of the new distribution center once it is operational.
The hired candidate will have a university degree in engineering or a similar technical education and at least 5 years of experience in a technical lead or project lead role in a logistics environment.
We are flexible in terms of the sector background of the candidate, but he or she needs to have been exposed to advanced technologies in the distribution centers / warehouses he/she worked before.
In terms of soft skills we are looking for candidates with following attributes:
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical and process driven
- Conceptual thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Smart negotiator with internal and external business partners
- Flexible attitude and solution oriented
- Team player and supportive of change
For this position we require a business fluent English level (both spoken and written) and as well a proficient German level (minimum B2).
Expertise in Microsoft Office tools is required as well as expertise in project management software tools. SAP know-how would be a plus.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland would be considered for this vacancy.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a strategic project that will create one of the most modern and sophisticated distribution centers in Europe with state of the art logistic and technical concepts.