You are here
- Great opportunity for a Tax Manager
- Lead all taxes activities ( Corporate Income Tax, VAT,projects...)
About Our Client
Our Client, well placed in his industry
The Tax Manager will be involved in tax compliance and tax planning for all taxes and duties world-wide, including Corporate Income Tax, VAT, Wage Taxes/PAYE and Customs Duties and will monitor relevant international tax developments. More specifically, the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide the Proposals Department with tax advice and support in relation to bids for projects;
- Ensure effective tax risk identification and mitigation;
- Review of contracts with clients and contracts with suppliers and provide tax advice and support on these contracts to other Departments;
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date general and country-specific transfer pricing documentation and implement transfer pricing policy within the organisation;
- Take ownership for tax compliance for Corporate Income Tax, VAT, Wage Taxes/PAYE,Customs Duties and Tax Deduction at Source for projects executed world-wide;
- Take ownership for and arrange the recurring (annual) corporate tax compliance of the Swiss and some foreign companies within the Group;
- Draft, implement and maintain guidelines regarding tax compliance;
- Co-ordinate with Finance Department set-up of local (project) accounting systems for tax purposes;
- Manage foreign tax audits;
- Maintain excellent relations with foreign tax authorities;
- Follow-up on new tax developments, ensure communication throughout the organisation and liaise with external tax and legal advisor and auditors.
The Tax Manager will work closely with the Proposals, Project Management, Subcontracting, Financial Accounting, Project Accounting, Project Controlling, Legal and P&O Departments within the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
The position requires an University degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent education. You have at least 2 years of experience in international tax within a tax advisory firm, or a minimum of 2-3 years within an international company as in-house tax specialist ; construction project based.
You are analytical, organised, accurate, pro-active.
You have a critical approach, use common sense / are pragmatic, have a hands-on mentality and are able to work under pressure to reach deadlines. You are able to adapt methods to new developments and practices arising in the fast moving environment in which the company operates.
You are very autonomous, have an attitude to take ownership and responsibility and have good communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate Income Tax;
- Experience with use and application of Tax Treaties;
- Have knowledge about permanent establishments and profit allocation to permanent establishments;.
- Knowledge of international transfer pricing guidelines;
- Understanding of VAT is a pre;
- Basic knowledge of Wage Taxes/PAYE and Customs Duties, or willingness to gather this knowledge;
- Good knowledge of accounting and tax accounting.
Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
The Tax Manager should have an excellent working command of English, both written & spoken.
Command of the French language is recommendable, given the location of the office in French-speaking Switzerland. Other languages are a pre.
What's on Offer
Good opportunity to join a dynamic company.