You are here
Supply and Inventory Supervisor (m/w)
- Family-owned global corporation in luxury segment
- Motivated and hands-on leader for the supply chain team
About Our Client
Our client is a family-owned global corporation focusing on the luxury segment with its international operations hub based in the Zurich area. To strengthen their supply chain operations, we are exclusively recruiting a Supply and Inventory Supervisor (m/f).
The Supply and Inventory Management Supervisor is accountable for ensuring supply planning remains consistent and cascades the vision to the coordinators accordingly. In the day to day operations the supervisor is required to be agile in communication and action in order to drive timely balance inventory levels. This will allow the candidate to action on two extreme frequent facts effectively: high stock - excess and low stock - out of stock.
The key responsibility of the Supply and Inventory Management Supervisor is to focus on achieving fill rate targets and keeping inventory efficient and balanced while performance, supply disruptions and forecast errors deviate from its original plan.
* Cascade the vision and mission of the supply chain towards its coordinators, supervise process adherence and success in execution, while coordinators are engaged with business requirements and challenge solutions.
* Take end-to-end ownership of challenges/issues and act as a proactive team lead to find and get solutions.
* Lead the team through different forums with different expectations and outcomes.
* Escalate proactively upcoming challenges in the business with the team and across functions.
* Identify low and out of stock situations and communicate timely and frequently with plants and primary distribution centers.
* Focus on continuously challenge the status quo and continuously develop organization and processes.
* Address excess stock and re-balance stock at locations (redeployment), or offer to corporate sales teams on a regular basis.
* Set up priorities and adhere to it depending on sense of urgency of extraordinary scenarios.
* Develop an effective approach in case of service disruptions and manage the issue from occurrence to resolution.
* Attend and steer supply restriction conference calls on supply and inventory status.
* Manage the availability of the resources effectively, move and adapt to the evolution of the different brand growth rates and business requirements.
* Ensure team alignment over processes, tasks, due dates, one-on-ones and team meetings.
* Provide timely and objective feedback to coordinators and direct supervisor on professional and interpersonal topics, behavior, success and challenges.
* Build relationships based on trust and respect to supervise and ensure fixed task are executed in a timely manner.
* Promote the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
* Identify and cultivate essential skills and attributes to maximize individual contribution and engagement.
The Successful Applicant
For this core function in the supply chain operations, the successful candidate should provide a strong profile, whilst expressing creativity, entrepreneurship and integrity in the operations.
* Academic background with Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional certifications in Supply Chain: APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
* At least 5 to 10 years of experience in relevant functions (planning, supply chain, etc.) with proven leadership skills.
* Proficient in definitions, parameters and variables of demand and supply planning
performance metrics, capable to translate these metrics into meaningful business outcomes, to perform root cause analysis and apply corrective actions.
* Strong analytic skills, capable to drill-down for root cause analysis, linked to capability to synthesize and translate findings into business language.
* Capable in the use of SCM and SAP as a tool to identify appropriate inventory levels and net replenishment requirements to achieve targeted inventory and customer service levels.
* Skilled in thinking at a tactical and strategic level and to tailor communication to different levels in the organization.
* Previous experience on diversity and inclusion with exposure to intercultural and regional organizations.
* Capable in approaching different levels of hierarchy in the supply chain organizations pro-actively with clear communication and analysis.
* Excellent interpersonal skills: engaged and leads by example.
* Business level fluency in English required, German language knowledge a plus.
What's on Offer
Our client offers not to be part of family business but to be a family in business. The selected candidate will also be awarded with competitive benefits, services and resources.