You are here
Supplier Quality Senior Engineers / Managers (m/f)
Leading international company with a European site based in Zurich
Challenging position with a regional scope
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and an extensive network of third party manufacturing partners and raw materials and packaging suppliers across Europe.
In the context of the creation of a new European Operations HQ in Switzerland, we are looking for experienced professionals in the supplier quality assurance field that will lead from the quality perspective the relationship with several suppliers across the EMEA region.
The hired candidates will report to the Head of Supplier QA EMEA and will act as a business partners or champions, working closely with the suppliers throughout the entire life-cycle, from the supplier qualification to the potential certification as strategic supplier.
They will lead and facilitate improvement initiatives which ensure that all suppliers' materials and processes are capable of meeting the high standards and quality expectations demanded. In addition they will represent the company to the highest level of Senior Management and/or ownership of the supplier to drive cooperation and compliance with corporate policies.
The core aspects and challenges of the position would be the following:
- Persuade and influence suppliers to implement corrective and preventive actions and working practices in order to assure that suppliers are in compliance with the company's quality requirements, including regulatory requirements (GMP/cGMP, SO, etc.). This would include the analysis of the accuracy and capability of supplier processes, procedures and equipment to meet the expected quality parameters.
- Drive suppliers to continuous improvement of performance on quality, measured by the company's Global Quality Management System. Assure that suppliers monitor their own quality performance and come up with improvement projects where necessary. Participate and where neeeded take the lead in the definition, execution, and analysis of supplier development quality programs.
- Participate, together with the Global Auditing team, in performing Quality Audits on new and existing suppliers. For potential new suppliers that failed the Quality Audit, ensure CAPAs are properly executed in a planning for the supplier to achieve approved supplier status.
- Work with R&D, Regional and Global Quality Assurance, Product Development, Technical Services and other parties to define product critical features or requirements for materials. Maintain a two-way communication with these parties and the receiving plant until after the launch of a new or revised product in order to act on potential improvements or changes to the process or materials. Identify and execute action plans and accountabilities related to first production runs for key new products.
- Ensure that quality requirements for products transferring between suppliers are properly communicated and planned for and where needed, provide training for suppliers.
- Support Plant QA by troubleshooting important issues related to quality, and compatibility with processing and or filling equipment. Ensure customer and consumer complaints are properly investigated by suppliers and CAPAs are defined, implemented and effective.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for mid-senior candidates with at least 10 years of experience in a quality position and at least 5 years of experience in a similar supplier quality assurance role at an international level.
The hired candidates will have experience in partnering with multiple suppliers across Europe. We are selecting candidates with a strong industrial background, ideally in the production of consumer goods (food, beverage, tobacco, cosmetics, hygiene) or similar (pharma, chemical, etc.) with a thorough technical knowledge of and insight in production processes and expertise in GMP.
We are targeting candidates with an educational background in Engineering or Science and additional qualifications and training in quality management.
We expect from the hired candidates a profound knowledge and qualification on continuous improvement methodologies and tools like Lean, Six Sigma or 5S. We expect as well solid skills in project management, knowledge about new product development processes and expertise in quality management systems and manufacturing quality standards across Europe.
In terms of skills we are requesting a strong competence in the following:
- Excellent communication skills, somebody who can translate complex information in an easy way. Ability to influence others.
- Team player and highly motivated to make a difference building collaborative relationships based on trust and respect. Promotion of the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Endeavor for excellence in execution, proactivity to seek ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Somebody who learns equally from successes and failures.
- Capacity to energize and enable others by igniting passion and releasing potential to drive success.
The working language of the company is English and we require an absolute business fluent English level for this role. Proficiency in additional European languages would be a plus. The job requires around 30-40% international travel across Europe.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland (Swiss nationals and EU/EFTA citizens) would be considered for this vacancy.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a highly qualified Supplier Quality Assurance team with a regional scope and responsibility, that has not only a close relationship with suppliers, but as well with multiple departments within the organization including Product Development, Operations and Procurement.