You are here
Supplier QA Manager EMEA - Contract Manufacturing/Raw Materials
Leading international company with a European site based in Zurich
Challenging position with a regional scope
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and an extensive network of third party manufacturing partners and raw materials and packaging suppliers across Europe.
In the context of a replacement due to an internal move of the current incumbent, we are looking for an experienced professional in the supplier quality assurance field that will lead from the quality perspective the relationship with several third party manufacturing / contract manufacturing suppliers and some raw material suppliers across the EMEA region.
The hired candidate will report to the Head of Supplier QA EMEA and will act as a business partner or champion, working closely with the suppliers throughout the entire life-cycle, from the supplier qualification to the potential certification as strategic supplier.
The Supplier QA Manager will lead and facilitate improvement initiatives which ensure that all suppliers' materials and processes are capable of meeting the high standards and quality expectations demanded. The Manager will represent the company to the highest level of Senior Management and/or ownership of the supplier to drive cooperation and compliance with corporate policies.
The core aspects and challenges of the position would be the following:
- Persuade and influence suppliers to implement corrective and preventive actions and working practices in order to assure that suppliers are in compliance with the company's quality requirements, including regulatory requirements (GMP/cGMP, ISO, etc.). This would include the analysis of the accuracy and capability of supplier processes, procedures and equipment to meet the expected quality parameters.
- Drive suppliers to continuous improvement of performance on quality, measured by the company's Global Quality Management System. Assure that suppliers monitor their own quality performance and come up with improvement projects where necessary. Participate and where needed take the lead in the definition, execution, and analysis of supplier development quality programs.
- Participate, together with the Global Auditing team, in performing Quality Audits on new and existing suppliers. For potential new suppliers that failed the Quality Audit, ensure CAPAs are properly executed in a planning for the supplier to achieve approved supplier status.
- Work with R&D, Regional and Global Quality Assurance, Product Development, Technical Services and other parties to define product critical features or requirements for materials. Maintain a two-way communication with these parties and the receiving plant until after the launch of a new or revised product in order to act on potential improvements or changes to the process or materials. Identify and execute action plans and accountabilities related to first production runs for key new products.
- Ensure that quality requirements for products transferring between suppliers are properly communicated and planned for and where needed, provide training for suppliers.
- Support Plant QA by troubleshooting important issues related to quality, and compatibility with processing and or filling equipment. Ensure customer and consumer complaints are properly investigated by suppliers and CAPAs are defined, implemented and effective.
In addition to these core tasks and responsibilities, and depending on the candidate background, there might be additional tasks related to either
- Supplier Quality Management Systems (further development and maintenance of the SQMS, including documentation and change control, deviations management, quarterly and annual reviews, etc. up to 40% of the workload)
- External Lab Quality Management (Certification and Qualification programs with external laboratories, both analytical and micro-testing labs, up to 15% of the workload)
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a senior candidate with at least 5 years of experience in a similar supplier quality assurance role at an international level.
The hired candidate will have experience in partnering with multiple contract manufacturing suppliers across Europe (from tollers or fillers, to co-development contractors and as well finished products suppliers). An experience with raw material suppliers like active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and excipients would be a plus.
We are selecting a candidate with a strong industrial background, ideally in the production of consumer goods (food, beverage, tobacco, cosmetics, hygiene) or similar (pharma, chemical, etc.) with a thorough technical knowledge of and insight in production processes.
We are looking for senior professional with an educational background in Engineering or Science and additional qualifications and training in quality management.
We expect from the hired candidate a profound knowledge and qualification on continuous improvement methodologies and tools like Lean, Six Sigma or 5S. We expect as well solid skills in project management, knowledge about new product development processes and expertise in quality management systems and industry quality standards across Europe.
In terms of skills we are requesting a strong competence in the following:
- Excellent communication skills, somebody who can translate complex information in an easy way. Ability to influence others.
- Team player and highly motivated to make a difference building collaborative relationships based on trust and respect. Promotion of the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Endeavor for excellence in execution, proactivity to seek ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Somebody who learns equally from successes and failures.
- Capacity to energize and enable others by igniting passion and releasing potential to drive success.
The working language of the company is English and we require an absolute business fluent English level for this role. Proficiency in additional European languages would be a plus. The job requires around 30% international travel across Europe.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland would be considered for this vacancy.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a highly qualified Supplier Quality Assurance team with a regional scope and responsibility, that has not only a close relationship with suppliers, but as well with multiple departments within the organization including Product Development, Operations and Procurement.