You are here
Sub Project Lead Logistics (m/f)
Sub Project Lead Logistics (m/f) to strengthen the supply chain operations.
Being part of building one of the most modern distribution centers in Europe.
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and distributions centers across the Globe. To strengthen their supply chain operations within the Site in Switzerland, we are recruiting a Sub Project Lead Logistics (m/f).
The Logistics Project Lead (m/f) will report to the Regional Deployment Lead and will be responsible for the whole logistics processes and set-ups within the project from concept design up to go live and stabilization. After the successful "go live" the selected candidate is foreseen to take over the project leadership of the upgrade of the existing distribution center. The project is at the moment in the concept design phase and planned to be finished by 2021.
Lead and manage all logistic aspects of the distribution center realization project that are focusing on the following core integration areas:
- Distribution Center layout and operating model from Inbound to Outbound
- Picking models and set-ups
- Resource/wave planning and order streaming
- Modular extensions
- Whole Distribution center support stream
- Manage the logistics aspects as the responsible lead from the company side in close collaboration with the logistics business process owner and in partnership with the appointed general contractor.
- Defines and refines needed conceptual input to the general contractor within the company and get needed internal approvals.
- Works out and refines the operating concept together with business owners.
- Prepares conceptual proposal of the needed organization and refines it with the logistics business process owner.
- Responsible for operational tests and trainings of the future crew.
- Respects the guiding principles.
- Aligns with project goals and delivers expected results.
The Successful Applicant
The selected candidate for the role must bring a sound track record in logistics and supply chain management with a strong exposure to distribution center and project management. For this unique opportunity we are looking for a professional that will have a combination of three main skills and areas of expertise.
- Strong expertise and know-how on the state of the art technology for highly automated distribution centers from logistics processes and methodologies perspective.
- Project Management skills, in particular for the initial phase of the job (3-4 years), that focuses on the design, construction and ramp-up of a new distribution center.
- Leadership and managerial skills for the planned second phase of the job, which covers the project lead of the upgrade of the other distribution center.
The hired candidate will have a university degree in logistics, supply chain, engineering or a similar education and at least 5 years of experience in a logistics lead or project lead role in a logistics environment.
We are flexible in terms of the sector background of the candidate, but he or she needs to have been exposed to advanced technologies and methodologies in the distribution centers management. In terms of soft skills we are looking for candidates with following attributes:
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical and process driven
- Conceptual thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Smart negotiator with internal and external business partners
- Flexible attitude and solution oriented
- Team player and supportive of change
For this position we require a business fluent English level (both spoken and written) and as well as proficient German level (minimum B2).
Expertise in Microsoft Office tools is required as well as expertise in project management software tools. Good knowledge of ERP systems with proven SAP know how is desired and would be a plus.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a strategic project that will create one of the most modern and sophisticated distribution centers in Europe with state of the art logistic and technical concepts and from a career planning point of view to go from project management into actually running a distribution center.