You are here
Strategic Buyer CapEx (m/w)
- Strong engineering company with an intensive commercial focus
- Strategic procurement with global supplier exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a young and visionary aerospace industry player, which is working on the development, production and commercialisation of new vehicles. For their offices in Zurich and their production site in Glarus we are looking exclusively for a highly motivated strategic buyer (m/f).
The focus of the position holder will be on strategic procurement activities for the production site, covering capital expenditures (CapEx) and technical consumable material purchasing, whilst optimising global supplier portfolio.
The role of the strategic buyer is to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans as well as support the operational needs of the company. The responsibilities will cover implementing proactive procurement philosophies, strategies, policies, and procedures for successful product launches and cost reduction initiatives.
In this newly created role the candidate responsibilities will include:
- Define, implement and lead the global supply strategy for capital expenditures and develop the optimal global supplier portfolio
- Identify and realise cost reduction potentials
- Negotiate and define the supplier contracts and lead the yearly reviews
- Support internal and external audits
- Support the growth of procurement-team
- Support as team member of interdisciplinary project teams the launch of new products
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate is eager to work with an entrepreneurial spirit and aiming for a continual progression with a can-do attitude:
- Educational background with a Bachelor's degree in mechanical / industrial engineering or comparable commercial educational background with technical focus
- MBA or additional degree in purchasing is an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in purchasing of technical systems, ideally proven track-record in CapEx & MRO
- Advanced skills in terms of influencing, entrepreneurship, result orientation, negotiation, problem solving, project management and team working/building
- Good communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication in German and English, other languages are an advantage
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP, Windows, Office) and reporting is essential
What's on Offer
Our client offers a strong career possibilities within a fast-growing company.