You are here
Senior Trading Systems IT Project Manager - Commodity Trading
- Commodity trading company, international environment
- CTRM customization and implementation project
About Our Client
Our client is looking for a new Senior IT Project Manager who will manage a strategic multi-million dollar CTRM implementation project. The aim is to customise and re implement their CTRM.
The IT PM will be also managing several other minor IT projects (infrastructure, ERP, Security, etc). He will report to the CIO with functional accountabilities directly to the Head of Operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Project management of all aspects of CTRM programme deliverables, covering the business analysis, functional and technical design, Agile-software-development and underlying infrastructure project team streams;
- Custodian of the CTRM Project goals set by Project Sponsor and Owner, ensuring is documented, communicated and followed-through by the various Project delivery-teams;
- The successful candidate should be an experienced PM (client facing role) previously in a similar dynamic/fast moving business environment, with good knowledge of all aspects of CTRM systems deployment and/or development projects;
- He/she will take-on a HANDS-ON PM/lead role and work closely with the project sponsor, owner, business stakeholders, (e.g. front/mid-back office, Operations and Finance) as well as with the various IT and project delivery teams, in particular the Trading Systems Development and Support Teams;
- Will have a pro-active delivery focused attitude and determination to ensure seamless transition of requirements between the Business and IT delivery/development teams, though proper planning, deliverables monitoring, addressing of issues and working closely with all stakeholders, done in an efficient, timely and professional manner;
- Work closely with the Project Sponsor and Owner for confirming priorities;
- Compile, maintain and communicate a master project plan with related tasks tracking matrix by team;
- Prepare project status dashboard on regular basis to the Project steering committee, stake-holders and project teams;
- Keep track of issues and risks, with appropriate follow-up and escalation;
- Organise and conduct regular projects status meetings (weekly) and direct status briefings to the project sponsor, owner and IT Governance Board;
- Lead and in some cases compile project deliverables as per their project methodology;
- Lead associated activities/small projects raised by the BAs.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of min. 5 years in a similar role, particularly HANDS-ON approach in managing Commodities trading related projects and deployments, using structured project management methodologies, tools and techniques, ideally certified prince2, PMBOK, etc and on the use of PM tools;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with abilities to able to interact with users at all levels, as well as with other technical/IT colleagues from various countries and cultures, in a fast-moving environment;
- Demonstrate leadership and abilities to manage issues cope in difficult situations and find solutions/options to problems or facilitate escalation for ensuring projects move forward;
- Highly organised, service oriented, possesses problem solving skills and able to cope in difficult situations in a fast-moving trading environment;
- Thorough, pay attention to detail/QA, disciplined and methodical;
- Ability to coordinate effectively and prepare/conduct presentations at all levels where required;
- Able to deliver key project deliverables, and/or work with project owners on key documents such as Project Initiation Document (PID), Scoping, Requirements, issues management, status dashboards, resource management, project closure and budget tracking activities;
- Understanding of Agile methodology, artifacts (user stories, acceptance tests) and Change Control processes;
- Knowledge of CTRM and financial applications deployed in a Trading-environment. Understanding of the end to end Trading Lifecycle for physical commodities within the Oil and Energy industry will be a distinct advantage;
- Fluent in English with excellent drafting skills, spoken French a benefit.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary Package.