You are here
Senior Associate/ Associate Director - Dubai
Our client is a leading banking institution
Cover clients in the wider MEA region but focus on Levant and North Africa
About Our Client
Our client is a leading banking institution and are industry specialists in the structured trade commodity finance business.
Our client is looking to add a coverage professional to work with their clients in the Levant and North Africa region (the role is based in Dubai). Relevant and recent structured commodity trade finance experience is a paramount must.
The professional will be responsible for providing structured trade finance solutions for readily marketable commodities within structures including pre-export finance, borrowing-base financing, revolving credit facilities, collateral managed facilities, payment undertakings, letters of credit, invoice and receivables discounting, etc. based on the specifics of a transaction across the metals industry.
In a few bullets, the key responsibilities are:
- To cover clients in the wider MEA region but focus on Levant and North Africa
- To cover clients with large turnovers and generate revenues by provide structured trade financing solutions to commodity traders; the focus is on short-term transactions (30-360 days)
- To originate new business within the geographic and industry-vertical scope
- To keep abreast with market trends within the metals trade environment
- To structure transactions and prepare term sheets
- To maintain service delivery and client satisfaction by ensuring that transactions are implemented effectively and efficiently
- To ensure critical analysis of the credit quality of lending opportunities. This includes credit analysis and preparation of new deals for presentation to credit committee
*To negotiate legal agreements with borrower
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a relevant existing profile of a Senior Associate or that of a recently promoted Associate Director
- Must have structured commodity trade finance experience within metal resources
- Must have a Metals Commodities clientele and coverage experience within the wider MEA region with a focus on Levant and North Africa (Ideal client turnover is USD400M plus)
- Must have strong credit analysis skills
- Can currently be based anywhere as long as clientele and experience is in line with the above
- Should be able to work independently in client acquisition/ internal stakeholder management
- Has worked on transactions with short term maturity i.e. 30 days - 360 days (2/5/10 year horizons are not a real value add)
- A Bachelors/ Masters' degree from a reputable organisation
- Communication and structure in thought/ writing is essential
- Arabic/ French a plus but not at all essential
If the above is fulfilled, the candidate can currently be based across Europe/ Africa and the client is happy to relocate.
What's on Offer
Competitive tax-free compensation, excellent work-culture and career progression