You are here
Well-established asset management company
Looking for a Senior Accountant
About Our Client
Our client is a well established Asset Management company.
Compensation and benefits accounting
Prepares and reviews financial records and management reports:
- Develops complex cost studies
- Leverages internal accounting and human resource systems to extract data for analysis.
- Analyses complex monthly entries, and prepares summaries for the department to highlight key compensation activities or trends.
- Accrues for and reconciles complex compensation-specific costs, preparing related schedules.
- Act as the main point of contact for all compensation accounting related matters.
- Main point of contact with the Compensation Benefit team abroad, working closely with them on payroll entries related to associates on international assignment.
- Review the work of one associate supporting the compensation accounting function and provide related coaching.
- Improve processes related to compensation and benefits accounting, aiming at aligning, where appropriate, accounting practice for European companies with the global practice,
- Answer auditors related queries in relation to compensation and benefits.
- Prepares and reviews financial records in relation to the fixed asset ledger. Provide technical coaching and oversight of one associate partially involved in fixed assets.
- Prepares and reviews some accounting tasks based on the needs of the accounting team.
- Participate and lead project streams.
- Streamline current processes and implement new procedures.
- Actively identify issues and provide alternatives to solving problems.
- Act as a backup for the team and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Provide support to more junior members of the team
The Successful Applicant
- Finance related university degree or its equivalent (accounting qualification is a plus).
- Minimum 4-5 years working experience as a general ledger accountant and at least 3 year's experience as a compensation and benefits accountant.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information is a must.
- Advanced user of accounting system (SAP a plus) and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
What's on Offer