You are here
Sales & Marketing Manager Switzerland - Airlines
Build and retain a winning team
Min. 10 years' experience in the air travel industry
About Our Client
Our client, an international airline, is looking for a Sales & Marketing Manager for Switzerland. In this challenging and exciting role you will be responsible for the sales revenue and will oversee all marketing activities.
Responsible to overall sales revenue through Agency and Corporate channels, ensuring agreed targets and other performance metrics are met. Develop and deliver long term strategic direction for Switzerland, identify and cultivate strong support and loyalty amongst trade partners and provide guidance in the effective usage of company's sales management tool, built on salesforce.com platform.
- Drive performance in Switzerland through the implementation of effective sales strategy aimed to meet and exceed performance targets.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of new market development initiatives in order to improve the company's market position and achieve financial growth.
- Responsible for budget allocation and expenditure control in accordance to company's financial requirements.
- Effective performance management of the team and recruitment as required
- Build and retain a winning team of entrepreneurial and assertive sales staff
- Motivate the team to capture sales opportunities and new revenue streams
- Identify prospective customers and develop creative selling strategies
- Build greater awareness of the companies brand through sales channels
- Educate the sales team on products and service offerings
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with trade partners and corporate clients
- Setting and monitoring promotional pricing levels to maximize yield & revenue
- Commercially astute to take advantage of any arising sales opportunities
- Establish & maintain relationship with relevant HO (Head Office) departments and other core stakeholders.
- Closely work with General Manager of Switzerland for the overall commercial strategy to ensure alignment of strategy and goal
- Drive productivity improvements across all parts of the Sales team
- Ensure effective usage of sales reporting system, sales incentive system and sales management system, built on salesforce.com platform
- Ensure effective exploitation of all sales opportunities across sales network, which supports sales strategy & overall targets
- To lead the marketing team through Head of Marketing and oversee sales on website, all areas of marketing - both online and offline, market development, frequent flyer marketing and CRM usage.
- Lead and manage the marketing team; ensuring they are motivated, monitored and measured in line with company targets and performance standards.
- Guide the marketing team in running effective marketing campaigns and in effective usage of e-marketing systems, such as e-mail marketing, Adobe campaign management system, frequent flyer system, CRM system and e-commerce platform.
The Successful Applicant
- About 10-15 years' experience in air travel industry, preferably within Switzerland
- Good network and knowledge of Swiss travel industry
- Frontline sales experience in a direct and field environment
- Commercial experience in supporting management with some revenue accountability
- Experience in salesforce.com, e-marketing systems (such as Google Adwords) or Adobe campaign management systems will bear a distinctive advantage
- Track record of delivery of significant performance
- University graduate
- PC literate with knowledge of Word/PowerPoint/Excel
- Good German and English language skill
- Working independently without supervision
- Believer in new age sales & marketing practices and systems
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven commercial skills and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong analytic skills
What's on Offer
You have the chance to be at the core of the development and innovation of our clients Swiss business.