You are here
Sales Engineer Life Sciences
- Sales Engineer Europe
- Life Sciences
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing technology company with a vision to revolutionize the way world leading companies such as Bayer, Sanofi, Janssen, TEVA, AbbVie, Merck , make decisions based on big data analytics and insights.
Our client has the ability to support corporate decision-making by turning external 'big data' into actionable insights for strategic commercial decisions.
The Sales Engineer must be able to clearly articulate technological capabilities, product fit, and business value to executive business users. You must be able to identify and modify all technical issues of proposed engagements to assure complete customer satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain strong relationships with your prospects and clients.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a proven track record working in the Medical Device or Healthcare industry and has a broad base of Life Science knowledge. He or she must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a developing organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. In addition to technical skills, Sales Engineers must possess strong presentation and business communication skills as well as an understanding of business processes and key decision points related to product development. Organized, analytical, and able to adhere to deadlines, this individual will be able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Team with the Enterprise Sales team with opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations (POC), RFP responses & business justification in a presales capacity
- Oversee the adoption, optimization, and integration of products within customers' business infrastructure
- Work closely with Sales to identify revenue opportunities through the upsell of new services and contract renewals
- Evangelize new product features & provide customer feedback to product management and engineering groups
- Assist the Customer Success team with the post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management
- Ensure timely resolution of customer issues by coordinating support responses
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer's business as well as their technical environment
- Proposal preparation, writing, and pricing
- Support and contribute to marketing activities such as: blogging, articles, white papers and web content
- Serve as the primary contact and advisor for customers throughout the sales cycle
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years field pre-sales experience selling software to the F500
- Proven knowledge in one of the following industries: Pharma, Biotech, Medical Devices or healthcare IT
- MSc in Engineering or Life Science related fields, MBA- advantage
- Experience with innovation processes, product development, marketing strategy - an advantage
- Experience leading or conducting meetings and presentations
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills
- Fluent in both written & spoken English; other European languages are an advantage
- Experience with sales to VP & C-Level - an advantage
- Experience in analytics or business intelligence - an advantage
- Business or management consulting experience with a known consulting firm - an advantage
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
What's on Offer
You will be part of a dynamic team and have the privilege to work for a company that is building the infrastructure of the future. The position provides a great opportunity to join a growing team and client base in Europe and have a profound impact Fortune 500 companies.