You are here
Regional Deployment Lead & Future Distribution Site Lead (m/f)
Senior Project Manager (m/f) - Distribution Site Lead
Opportunity to create one of the most modern distribution centrers in Europe.
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and distributions centers across the Globe. To strengthen their supply chain operations for Travel Retail World Wide, we are exclusively recruiting a Senior Project Manager (m/f).
The Deployment Lead will report to the Vice President Supply Chain of the respective business unit and will be responsible for the whole project management from concept design up to go live and stabilization. After the successful "go live" the selected candidate is foreseen to take over the management of the new established distribution center.
- Partners with internal key stakeholders and business leads to promotes the concepts and get their buy-in.
- Logistics Business Project Lead: Logistics processes and methodologies
- General Contractor Project Lead: Planning, building, and executing
- Technical Project Lead: State of the art technology and infrastructure
- Systems Project Lead: Warehouse management systems, supply chain and distribution alignment, Integration with SAP Host
- Finance Business Partner: Budget and performance
- Defines and refines needed conceptual input to the general contractor and aligns internal approvals.
- Liaises and manages coordination with local authorities, other internal parties (EHS, Security etc.) or external parties together with local management.
- Works out and refines the operating concept together with respective business owners.
- Ensures adherence to project schedule and maintains an accurate project schedule.
- Provides internal and external communication and reporting about project status; highlights issues and challenges in timely manner.
- Ensures adherence to project budget and perform a thorough and transparent cost management and monitoring.
- Aligns with project goals and delivers expected results.
The Successful Applicant
The selected candidate for the role must bring a strong expertise and know-how in project execution and in the state of the art technology for highly automated distribution centers. In order to manage the project, a successful candidate must have strong communication skills (fluency in English and German), good understanding of dynamic multinational environment and stakeholder management. The successful candidate should be technically savvy, experienced in logistics and eager to shape and form a future operational role.
- Academic background with Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- At least 5 years of experience in project management in supply chain and logistics with proven leadership skills. The candidate has experience in realizing / upgrade distribution center projects and understands the logistics processes around it. .
- Aligns and engages the team in the vision. Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving the vision, strategy, and goals.
- Skilled in thinking at a tactical and strategic level and to tailor communication to different levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical skills, capable to drill-down for root cause analysis, linked to capability to synthesize and translate findings into business language.
- Embraces and initiates change. Has the courage to initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
- Builds collaborative relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Strives for excellence in execution and proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and has the experience and characteristics to respond quickly to the changing environment.
- Must have a "can-do" and "will-do" attitude with respect to accomplishing goals, making the numbers, and satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems, proven SAP know how is desired.
- Business level fluency in English and German are required.
What's on Offer
This is a key position within the organization which provides an opportunity to shape the future of the end stages supply chain for a fast growing and exciting business channel.
Excellent opportunity to be part of a strategic project that will create one of the most modern and sophisticated distribution centers in Europe with state of the art logistic and technical concepts.