You are here
Quality Assurance Engineer (80-100%) (m/f)
Global leading player in the FMCG sector
QA position with multiple functions and interfaces
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and distributions centers across Europe.
In the context of a succession planning we are searching for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer for their production and distribution site in Switzerland, which is located in the Greater Zurich Area.
This permanent position is an individual contributor role that reports directly to the Head of Quality of the site.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the hired candidate will be:
- Assure that compounding, filling & assembling and warehousing operation is performed in line with the company's and industry quality standards (good manufacturing practice).
- Give direction on GMP/cGMP and regulatory requirements and assure the compliance of the manufacturing department.
- Write and establish Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions.
- Establish training material and organise and conduct training to personnel on the plant.
- Plan, organize, lead and review Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Perform internal Quality Audits.
- Liaison with R&D, Product Development, Corporate QA and Packaging in order to pursue solutions and improvements.
- Liaison with internal customers, suppliers and partners on quality topics.
- Be the Master Data Steward for the Quality Module in SAP and other interfacing systems.
If the corresponding applicant has a natural gift for olfactory testing, a special task will be part of the team which is performing olfactory testing and ensuring these tests are performed according to the state of the art.
The QA Engineer will act as deputy of the Quality Head of site on his absence and will be as well back-up on holiday shifts for the quality control team. These tasks in QC will include for example:
- Inspection and release of incoming raw materials and packaging components
- Inspection and release of manufactured bulks
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a mid-senior professional with a degree in engineering or science (BSc or MSc from FH or ETH/University) and a further education in Quality with ideally a profound knowledge in laboratory testing.
We expect at least 5 years of experience in a similar quality assurance job with a strong industrial background, ideally in the production of consumer goods (food, beverage, tobacco, cosmetics, hygiene) or similar (pharma, chemical, etc.) with a thorough technical knowledge of and insight in production processes.
In terms of attitude we are searching for a committed person, willing to go the extra mile and with a flexible attitude to work in a small team (5 people) and cover aspects that might not always be the core of the job description. The person needs to be a team player, have problem solving skills and be able to work independently to a large extend.
The hired person will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, that will allow him/her to liaise effectively with a large number of stakeholders, both on the site in Switzerland, but as well on corporate functions in the HQ. This capacity to build collaborative relationships, based on trust and respect, is a key soft skill for the job
There is a strong preference for hiring somebody that has experience, skills or interest in the domain of olfactory testing. An innate gift in olfaction would be a plus.
The job will be conducted mainly in German / Swiss German and there will be plenty of exposure to English, which is the corporate language. The hired candidate needs to be fluent both in German and English.
What's on Offer
Broad scope of quality functions in a dynamic and international environment.