You are here
This position is now filled
Payroll & Benefits Specialist (m/w)
- Payroll & Benefits Specialist
- Local and expatriate population
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in its sector of activity, with its EMEA headquarter in Geneva.
- Responsible for maintaining and processing the monthly payroll , including entering any exceptions such as overtime, bonuses, paid vacations, allowances, miscellaneous deductions, etc. in accordance with internal procedures & policies
- Once a year, prepare salary increase and bonus letter for all employees
- Prepare and process for payment of salaries via bank transfer
- Prepare requests for tax free benefits, and implement when approved by Tax Authorities
- Compile payroll information for forecasts and budgets and create related spread sheets
- Responsible for reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts
- Prepare the annual Payroll and Headcount budget and follow up with close cooperation with Accounting and Finance
- Administer employee benefit plans such as Pension Fund (new joiners, modifications, departure, payment of invoices)
- Prepare all social lists and related payments (such as AVS, withholding taxes)
- Prepare details by cost center of the LAA, APG, LPP insurance, withholding taxes to Accounting
- Prepare the reconciliation of the monthly bonus provision
- Issue, verify and ensure distribution of year-end lists and data, such a salary certificates, AVS yearly lists, withholding tax certificates, etc.
- Lead the audit controls with the internal and external auditors
- Compute withholding taxes and tax deductions as per Swiss tax Authorities and external tax consultant
- Respond to enquiries from staff on payroll and benefits questions
- Prepare gross to net comparison for new hire
- Advise Human Resources team about modifications of Swiss legislation related to payroll and benefits
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 3 -5 of experience in Payroll processing in a multinational and complex environment including expatriates. Experience with payroll issues such as split payrolls, shadow payrolls, free tax benefits, housing allowances, car allowances, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP payroll system is an asset . Employee central an asset
- Experience with internal payroll recharges
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Expertise in pension fund and strong knowledge of Swiss social security
- Expertise in Swiss labor laws and legal matters.
- French and English: fluent (written and spoken)
What's on Offer
Join a very attractive company within an international environment.