You are here
Packaging Development Engineer / Scientist (Pharma) (m/f)
Global Pharma coporation with European hub based in Basel
Senior Packaging Development opportunity in a regulated environment
About Our Client
Our client is global specialised pharmaceutical company that belongs to one of top 20 global pharma corporations.
The core of the position is to develop primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for pharma products from concept to production. In addition you will plan, perform, interpret and report results of packaging relevant activities and experiments.
The main tasks and responsibilities would be:
- Creatively find solutions according to development process with internal and external partners and document these.
- Identify, evaluate and manage the supplier for outsourced activities including all testing.
- Plan and lead packaging projects, establish target dates and priorities. Interpret results, evaluate data and draw relevant conclusions. Tasks can be assigned to subordinates or team members.
- Report and present technical results and may create external publications and patents and present at scientific conferences.
- Write packaging registration documents. Interact with authorities where appropriate.
- Evaluate innovative packaging technologies, platforms and procedures. May participate in the evaluation of in licensing opportunities or due diligence.
- Actively canvas markets and technologies including participation of exhibitions and supplier relations and feedback into relevant functions (e.g. Formulation, Marketing, Packaging community of practice).
- Collaborate with Manufacturing regarding all aspects of packaging (evaluation of potential pack-aging sites, technical feasibility etc.) and enable a good transfer from the prototypes to production.
- Support packaging activities for product stewardship projects where necessary.
- Act as a cross-functional team member and/or lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Lead assigned associates including objectives setting, performance evaluations and development planning. May participate in recruiting process.
- Ensures the compliance with external and internal guidelines (e.g. SOP's, GxP and HSE) and considers sustainability and economic factors.
- Contribute to general operational systems (e.g. project management, quality).
The Successful Applicant
- Packaging engineer or similar qualification/education (engineering or science).
- Over 15 years of experience in packaging.
- Regulated/Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Recognized expertise in different packaging related areas and specifically for parenteral products.
- Broad and profound knowledge of packaging development activities and manufacturing processes.
- Successfully demonstrated track record of creativity and problem solving in projects.
- Strong presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, influence diverse groups and effectively manage relationships.
- Availability for travelling approximately 15%.
- Fluent spoken and written English essential, additional languages would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
Senior specilist position part of a highly skilled team in a company that offers plenty of career opportunities in Switzerland and abroad.