You are here
Operational Excellence Project Lead (m/f)
Excellent opportunity to be part of a strategic project that will create one
of the most modern and sophisticated distribution centers in Europe
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and distributions centers across Europe.
In the context of a large project of the construction of a new state of art distribution center in Switzerland, that will act as global distribution center for the fastest growing business segment of the company, we are searching for an Operational Excellence Project Lead.
This Operational Excellence Project Lead will report to the new distribution center Project Director and will responsible for leading the part of the project related with defining and planning from the operational point of view the logistics processes in the pre-zone (in-bound / outbound, picking, value added services). These logistics processes will be based on modern operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing best practice, applied not necessarily on distribution centers, more commonly adapted from manufacturing sites.
You will be part of the core project team together with the project leads for the Intra-Logistics, Software and Facilities, all three reporting as well to the Project Director.
The scope of the Operational Excellence Project Lead will include as core elements:
- Development, integration and implementation of efficient and effective logistics processes
- Definition and refining of the operating concept together with business owners
- Planning, realization, commissioning and ramp-up of the distribution center operations
- Data analysis, concept and detail design for process and layout development
- Development and implementation of Operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Focus on standarisation including methodologies like 5S and definition and implementation of standard operation procedures (SOP), Kanban, milk runs, etc.
- Labor planning and development of scheduling rules for orders in order to level peaks of activity (Heijunka)
- Support and coordination of the ERP (SAP) and Warehouse Management System (WMS) integration with the logistics operations
- Planning and implementation of the shop floor management system including KPI systems
- Set up continuous improvement and problem-solving process
- Establishment of efficient connections to the strategic and tactical S&OP processes
- Specifications, tendering and order placement for auxiliary equipment including timeline & budget control
- Training and development of new team members
This is a permanent position with a career plan to transition into a leading role of the new distribution center once the operation is up and running.
The hired candidate will benefit from all the knowledge and experience acquired during the project phase for an efficient transition into the business as usual operation.
The Successful Applicant
For this unique opportunity we are looking for a senior professional that will have a combination of three main skills and areas of expertise.
- Strong expertise and know-how in operational excellence / lean manufacturing
- Project Management skills, in particular for the initial phase of the job (3-4 years), which focuses on the design, construction and ramp-up of a new distribution center.
- Leadership and managerial skills for the second phase of the job, which covers the operational lead of the new distribution center once it is running.
The hired candidate will have a university degree in engineering, logistics or a similar technical education and at least 5 years of experience in the implementation of operational excellence projects in a role as project manager or project engineer.
We are flexible in terms of the sector background of the candidate, a previous background related with logistics / warehousing would be a strong plus.
In terms of soft skills we are looking for a candidate with following attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and teamwork skills
- Strong conceptual & analytical skills
- Results based leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues - acts with agility
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Smart negotiator with internal and external business partners
- Flexible attitude and solution oriented
- Ability to plan and organize in a structured way even under pressure and in a changing environment
For this position we require a business fluent English level (both spoken and written) and as well a proficient German level (minimum B2).
Expertise in Microsoft Office tools is required as well as expertise in project management software tools. SAP know-how would be a plus.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland (Swiss nationals and EU/EFTA citizens) would be considered for this vacancy.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be part of a strategic project that will create one of the most modern and sophisticated distribution centers in Europe with state of the art logistic and technical concepts.