You are here
Operational Buyer Nuts & Dried Fruits - Eng/Ger (m/f)
- Experience in food purchasing
- Fluent English and German
About Our Client
"The alexander nut group (ANG) is a sister company of The Lorenz Snack-World, a leading European savoury snack manufacturer. We develop, produce, and distribute our branded snack products in the category of nuts and dried fruits (e.g. NicNac's) in several European countries and the MENA region.
Quality and stable supplier relationships are of high value for us. Therefore we source our premium raw nuts directly from the countries of origin. As a midsize group of companies with lean structures and flat hierarchies, we can decide and act flexible at any time, which makes us successful in a highly dynamic and competitive market."
LBNUTS AG, which is ANG's nut sourcing entity in Geneva, is looking for an operational buyer in the segment of nuts and dried fruits and we are assisting them in the recruitment of this position.
- Operational purchasing of the required raw materials
- Searching and selection of new suppliers under quality and economic perspective. This also implies suppliers' performance analysis, contract T&C's negotiation and drafting, claims management and constant monitoring of potential sourcing solutions
- Development and management of all internal processes in regards of food safety and quality management system including maintenance of all requested paperwork and documentation
- Responsible for conducting supplier audits, coordinating products analyses and releases, handling non-conformances & claims, and corrective action & continuous improvement management
- Analysis, planning of stock levels and demand figures in collaboration with factories' supply chain teams while securing availability of supply for the factories in Germany & Egypt including fallback positions
- Providing the team management with a wide range of analyses and reports (stock levels, market trends, price variations) and participate in the maintenance of SAP master-data.
- Drive and support purchasing strategy developments for the nuts and dried fruits portfolio
The Successful Applicant
For this position we are looking specifically for a buyer with the following skills and background:
- University/University of applied sciences degree in business. A focus in SCM/Sourcing/Procurement is an asset
- Minimum 4 year experience in procurement, preferably FMCG, Food sector and/or in trading of soft commodities
- Sound IT-Knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and Power Point is a must. SAP R3 MM is an asset.
- Fluent English is a must in addition to a good German (written and spoken)
- Good knowledge in project management
- A result-oriented person with hands-on attitude
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Very good negotiation skills, high power of persuasion
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Innovative way of thinking
- Strong Teamplayer
- Ability to work under pressure
What's on Offer
The candidate has a great opportunity to join a diverse team, develop a professional network, intercultural relationships in the international nuts and dried fruits market, and take over the operational purchasing responsibilities in this category in order to grow in a lead buyer role in the coming years