You are here
Middle Officer for a Family Office in Geneva
- Family Office based in Geneva
- Unique opportunity to support an investment team
About Our Client
Our client, an important Family Office in Geneva is looking to grow its investments team by recruiting a middle officer.
In liaison with the Investment Specialists ("IS") in Hedge Fund, Fixed Income, Private Equity, Long Only & Real Estates; assist the Family Office in monitoring the group's portfolio across all asset classes; ensure trade execution; run specific risk analyses across all asset classes; model cash-flows for private equity and real estates portfolios. Report to the CFO.
Responsibilities and duties
Monitoring of Funds
- Monitor periodic fund performance reports.
- Participate in electronic filing of fund information shared by group.
- Review private equity and venture capital quarterly reports.
- Handle Investment Manager and Custodian Invoices.
- Monitor Class Actions.
- Process the investment transactions (Fund, Real Estate, Private Equity (Capital Calls & distributions)
- Liaise with the IS and the accounting department to ensure timely trade executions and keep records on each transaction.
- Perform quantitative and sensitivity analyses at portfolio and asset class levels.
- Handle specific reporting requests by IS
- Liaise with Custodian and the accounting department to solve any reporting issues.
Handle weekly cash-flow reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in economics/finance or relevant professional experience.
- 4 to 7 years professional experience in a back/middle office position or in an asset management department, with a bank's portfolio management group, or with a family office.
- Good knowledge of all Asset Classes.
- Good quantitative skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, French or any other language would be a plus.
- Proficient with IT tools (MS Office, Word, Excel), Bloomberg is a plus.
- Knowledge of performance measurement system(s) is a plus.
- Able to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Accurate communicator, reliable in performing tasks, detail-oriented.
- Ability to proactively address issues and solve problems in a timely manner.
What's on Offer