You are here
Marketing Director EMEA - Diagnostics and Life Science
Senior role for Marketing Executive with experience in the Healthcare Industry
Great opportunity to be part of an international team based in an European HQ
About Our Client
Our client is an important global player, providing clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of almost 8.000 employees and a global network of operations serving their customers, our client helps people live longer and healthier lives.
Reporting for the EMEA Sr. Commercial VP, your main responsibilities will be:
· Define and shape the EMEA marketing strategy and tactics on both Clinical Diagnostic and Life Science Research markets according to the global marketing strategy and overall corporate goals.
· Work closely with the EMEA commercial management team to define and implement a 3 years plan aimed to grow revenues and profits in the region.
· Manage and develop a team of 50 people capable of managing operational marketing activities. Understand the key competencies required to achieve organizational goals and build organizational capability.
· Put in place and manage the resources, tools and processes to assess market opportunities within the region, capture customer need changes and define go-to-market initiatives, tactics and routes to deliver sales growth and profitability by customer segment.
· Define and drive implementation of the yearly tactical plan by customer segment in collaboration with sales organizations. Drive a strong partnership between the EMEA marketing teams and the regional sales teams.
· Leads a harmonized pricing strategy for Life Science Research and Clinical Diagnostic products to deliver profitable growth across the portfolio.
· Manage the EMEA marketing budget and oversee the operational execution of planned activities with the marketing operations team, monitor ROI.
· Drive the assessment of market needs toward services and the improvement and the development of the current service portfolio. Manage the European Training Center
· Partner with key stakeholders within product Division, Business Group and other Regions to share best practices and determine activities and actions needed to implement business development programs
The Successful Applicant
· Education: MSc or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with an MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
· Experience: 20 years of experience including sales / sales management experience. 10 years of working experience in similar fields (Clinical Diagnostic or Life Science) with an operational marketing management role at international level
· Demonstrable abilities for marketing methodologies/best practices, for sales processes and marketing/sales alignment
· Proven ability to build and lead multicultural teams. Visionary/Business strategic vision proven ability and excellent leadership skills. Able to priorities initiatives, to establish performance criteria and to ensure that these are met
· Makes insightful decisions and come to conclusions to deal with complex challenges. Team player able to work within matrix organizations and with global cross functional teams
· Strong verbal and communication skill with the ability to present ideas and influence executive leadership
· Frequent travelling within EMEA and US
What's on Offer
We are offering a competitive salary package for a director level.