You are here
IT Scientist ( M/F)
Global Biophama group
Experienced IT Scientist Translational Medecine
About Our Client
This Vaud- Headquartered global Bio-Pharmaceutical group is active in drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs and diagnostics. It is mainly focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs
For their Translational Medical Science department, our client is hiring a seasoned IT Scientist whose main responsibilities will be:
- to analyse and anticipate IT needs for the Translational Medicine Department, define state of the art IT solutions to support its activities and implements in collaboration with Debiopharm IT the related strategy and portfolio of projects;
- Coordinate the in-house and external software development activities supporting scientific Translational Medicine activities, including the Preclinical Database, Modeling & Simulations (M&S) tools and all systems for the processing, storage, integration, management and analysis of internal and external Translational Medicine data;
- Develop new techniques and potential areas of research in data science and formulate new project proposals. Initiate any necessary exploratory activities about our corporate Knowledge Management initiatives;
- Train collaborators on the usage of scientific software. Supervise the work of external and internal staff as required by projects.
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will meet the following requirements:
- University degree: PhD or equivalent in Life Science or Computer Science; minimum 10 years in a similar position;
- Strong expertise in Computer Science applied to Life Science and in particular in the implementation of in-silico tools for translational research, M&S approaches and R&D data management;
- Experience in setting up information systems for R&D in compliance with national and international regulations;
- At ease with web software development, database management systems (preferably Oracle) and data analysis;
- Familiar with configuration and customization of commercial research and preclinical data management systems (preferably Dotmatics software suite);
- Excellent understanding of the Drug Discovery and Development Process, including pharmaceutical quality system especially GLP, GCP and computerized system validation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong customer focus. Able to translate business requirements into efficient technical solutions and business processes and to explain his work to non IT specialists;
- Ability to integrate in multidisciplinary and multicultural groups and to work in a matrix organization;
- Fluency in French and English.
What's on Offer
This newly created position offers a great opportunity to work in an ever-evolving human sized biopharma company.