You are here
Great challenge : build all IT department from scratch
About Our Client
In a buy-out business context, my client needs to build a new IT department. That includes recruiting the IT Manager who'll lead the IT department.
The IT Manager will be in charge of a team of 3 people (infra, support + external).
He'll have to work on the IT strategy, manage IT budget and do reporting to the board.
He'll also work as the Project Manager, in charge of implementing a new ERP and building an infrastructure.
- The IT Manager will be in charge of managing the IT team (to be built) comprised of between 1 to 3 people at corporate level as well as external resources and contractors in both central and local sites in order to ensure efficient IT support and service quality to 10 operating countries.
- The IT Manager will report to the Group Head of Operations and he will be responsible for defining the IT needs of the business in partnership with the various functional department business heads.
- The IT Manager will be responsible for managing the IT transition services agreement TSA (resources and systems) for a period of 12 to 24 months ensuring a seamless transition from the previous mother company. In this regard, the IT Manager is expected to manage the TSA and coordinate all the relevant workstreams.
- The candidate will be in charge of defining and implementing the target IT operating model of the standalone business leveraging input and assistance from external resources. To perform this the candidate will perform an IT assessment of the current environment, select and implement the suitable technology (infrastructure and software services) while streamlining internal operations and optimising current systems. This includes the implementation of a new ERP to the group.
- The IT Manager will lead the relationships both at a group level and at country level with the external providers of technology and IT human capital and shall be in charge of managing the IT budget with oversight from the finance department.
- The IT Manager will set mid- and long-term objectives and strategies for the IT team and recruit adequate members of the IT team.
The Successful Applicant
- Positive and Service oriented attitude with multicultural culture and ability to build efficient relationship with African subsidiaries
- Relevant experience within Distribution business or Commodity trading sector and its related IT systems
- Proven achievement in assessing and implementing ERP harmonisation for a group.
- Strong experience as IT Manager/ Director or similar managerial role of several IT departments (such as infrastructure, Software Services development, ERP, BA, PM, support etc.)
- Min 5 years' experience in people management
- 5 years' experience as Project Manager including track record on implementation project of distribution, trading & risk solutions and leading enterprise-wide transformation projects. Remaining "hands-on" in leading main projects. Ideally a prior experience in implementing an ERP as a PM.
- Background in business application mandatory and/ or ERP
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, strategic business imperatives and being able to articulate risk in the context of business objectives
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Leadership with strong strategic and business mindset
- Managing Change: define, supports, promotes and implement innovation and best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, report writing skills
- Used to work with Agile methodology, ideally certified
- BSc/ BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; MSc/ MA will be preferred.
- Fluent in French and English
What's on Offer
Interesting salary package