You are here
Inventory Planner (m/f)
New regional EMEA supply chain organization
Global leader in prestige cosmetics industry
About Our Client
Estée Lauder Companies is the global leader in prestige beauty - delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. It's the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries.
Estée Lauder AG Lachen is growing to become a centralized regional EMEA Supply Chain team, consisting of current employees and new joiners. This team will be located in a new office in Wollerau (Canton of Schwyz) from this summer onwards.
Based in Lachen, the company has its modern distribution center delivering to the Travel Retail Market all over the world as well as its manufacturing plant for fragrances and skincare.
The Inventory Planner will be responsible for monitoring and facilitating the inventory levels for the third party manufacturing through continuous alignment with predefined targets.
As the Inventory Planner you will be part of an agile demand-driven supply chain organization.
The responsibilities of the role holder include the following:
- Manage the inventory levels by analyzing excess or blocked stock and defining, installing and follow up of effective tactics, in cooperation with different stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the periodic inventory reporting.
- Guarantee the inventory-accuracy at a plant level by monitoring the reports.
- Function as the main contact with the warehouses, resolve shipping and inbound issues.
- Monitor and respond to errors in the event of automated transaction failures.
- Investigate and analyze stock-discrepancies between vendors and in-house stock, reconcile inventory discrepancies between vendors and the own ERP system.
- Be responsible for the monthly cycle-count and yearly stock-count documentation and execution at the vendors.
- Coordinate disruptions locally at vendors.
- Identify opportunities for inventory reduction by analyzing blocked stock and high value excess stock.
- Process SAP movements for stock returns, sample-requests, sales orders and stock-relocations.
- Create and distribute accurate inventory-reports on monthly stock-levels with the vendor as well as with the own production sites taking into consideration on excess-, blocked-, and in transit-stock.
- Propose corrective actions and process improvements to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate, follow up and function as the point of contact for the quality notification process.
- Perform route-cause analysis of excess stock in order to adapt processes where needed and eliminate the cause of the excess creation.
- Create reports on inventory evolution.
The Successful Applicant
- You have an academic background with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Management (additional advanced degrees and certifications in Supply Chain; APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus).
- You have at least 3 years of experience in relevant supply chain functions (production planning or supply planning), preferably in the consumer goods or relevant industries (healthcare and life sciences, food/beverage, chemicals, luxury, etc.).
- You have experience with query tools such as SQVI, QlikView.
- You are customer-oriented and you have the capability to build/maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem-solver.
- You are ambitious, open-minded and hungry to learn.
- You are self-driven, change savvy and you like to challenge the status quo.
- You are fluent in English at a Business level, other languages such as Polish, Italian, French would be an advantage.
- You have an excellent understanding of ERP systems (SAP APO/ECC is desired), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What's on Offer
You can be part of something exciting and actively contribute to shape the new regional EMEA Supply Chain organization and its new office in Switzerland.
With a strong focus on professional growth and continuous learning, Estée Lauder Companies is committed to developing the next generation of leaders for the company. The global nature of its work across multiple regions and brands, functions and channels provides fertile ground for mobility and career growth. The inclusive culture embraces diversity of thought and empowers individuals to think as entrepreneurs.