You are here
Interim Senior Manager General Ledger (m/f)
Well-established international travel agency
Senior Manager General Ledger with a minimum of 7 years experience
About Our Client
Well-established international travel agency with presence in many parts of the world.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all accounts and monitoring of receipt and registration of all financial movements.
- Co-operation and coordination of Intercompany activities with Units over the Globe (USA, UAE, India, Asia Pacific, Africa, Australia).
- Ensure up-to-date allocation of customer payments; timely follow-up with client if allocation of payment needs further investigations (up-to-date statement of client accounts). Monitor pro-active control of outstanding invoices and critical accounts in co-ordination with the sales organization and the Regional Head of Finance & Accounting.
- Automation and optimization of accounting processes such as customer payments, bank reconciliations, payment allocation and clearings.
- Understand Hedging Transactions and how does need to be reported and verified in accounting.
- Planning and conducting of the periodical closings (monthly, quarterly and year end closings) in co-ordination with the Regional Head of Finance & Accounting and the Controlling department.
- Ensure timely reclaim and correct accounting procedures for Swiss, German and Austrian VAT.
- Responsible for up-to-date bookkeeping and reporting in accordance with the Financial Accounting Manual.
- Assure correctness of data structure in AX.
- Support and develop the Internal Control System.
- Partner for audits.
The Successful Applicant
- 7-10 years of experience in Finance & Accounting in a multinational corporation
- Degree level, Expert in Finance & Accounting (or in development to it)
- Strong communication skills to communicate at all levels within the corporation
- Working accurately whilst under pressure to achieve multiple deadlines
- Positive, open-minded, but also critical to challenge existing processes and practices
- Good working knowledge of MS Office is required, especially Excel
- Good English and German language skills
- Sound understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of Swiss & German taxation law
- Leadership experience to give guidance and support to the team
- Experience working with AX-Dynamics
- Energetic and enjoys taking on difficult challenges
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package in a multinational coprotaion lacated in the city center.