You are here
Interim Junior Group Controller (m/f)
Interim Junior Group Controller position in a likable environment
Prominent global company based in Zürich
About Our Client
Our Client is an international leader in travel industry based in Zürich
- Prepare and review monthly analytical schedules, account reconciliation and variance analysis to ensure accuracy of balances with IFRS and consistency between legal entities.
- Assist in the preparation, review and analysis of the consolidated financial statements for the group under IFRS.
- Perform monthly analysis of reported figures by unit including feedback to the units and follow up.
- Ensure timely and accurate close process in accordance with company close timetable across all legal entities.
- Provide a support role for all other consolidation and reporting processes.
- Prepare supplemental financial reports on ad hoc basis as requested by management.
- Obtain and validate data during month end close.
- Provide technical accounting support and guidances to the legal enitites, as required.
- Maintain company Global Chart of Accounts.
- Support with setting and maintenance of company accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to the local legal entities in matters related to the consolidation system (HFM, Hyperion).
- Enforce financial discipline, guidelines and maintaining system of internal controls.
- Interface with external audit firms and coordinate completion of external audits for the group.
- Comply with local reporting requirements and tax filings
- Provide financial analysis as needed for the management decisions
The Successful Applicant
- Very good educational background. Degree in Finance / Accounting.
- IFRS Expert
- A recognized accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or equivalent) preferred.
- Analytical with a strong understanding of figures and financials
- Big 4 experience is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and internal communication skills
- Maintaining the highest quality standards towards own work and working accurately under pressure
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent English language skills, any other language is a plus
- Convincing personality with high assertiveness
- Energetic and enjoys taking on challenges
- Keen on learning new things and digging into new and unfamiliar topics
- Creative with a desire to challenge the status quo and identify innovative solutions
- Applying a pragmatic, results-oriented approach
- A team player, with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure in an environment with changing goals and tasks
- Able to work across multiple teams and projects
- Independent working attitude.
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented working methodology.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments.
- Experience in a travel industry is an advantage but not a must
What's on Offer
High remuneration package with sympathetic environment in a central located office in Zürich