You are here
Head of Supplier Quality Assurance EMEA (m/f)
- Leading international company with a European site based in Zurich
- Challenging position with a regional leadership scope
About Our Client
Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and an extensive network of third party manufacturing partners and raw materials and packaging suppliers across Europe.
In the context of a succession planning and an internal re-organisation, we are looking for a senior manager that will lead the Supplier Quality Assurance organization across Europe based out of Switzerland.
The position reports to the European Head of Quality and manages directly a team of 9 Quality Managers across the region and a total perimeter of 14 people. Each of the Quality Managers acts as a business partner or champion for a group of suppliers and works closely with them throughout the entire life-cycle, from the supplier qualification to the potential certification as strategic supplier.
The suppliers landscape would include third party manufacturing companies, packaging material suppliers and raw material suppliers, in total more than 150 suppliers across EMEA.
The core aspects and challenges of the position would be the following:
- Drive all European suppliers to continuous improvement of performance on quality, measured by the company's Global Quality Management System. Assure that all European suppliers monitor their own quality performance and come up with improvement projects where necessary.
- Take a leading position in the global Supplier Quality Assurance team to develop and implement a supplier certification program. Evaluate the effectiveness of the supplier qualification and certification programs continuously, and build and adjust where necessary.
- Ensure that for the major new developments from suppliers (products or components) the quality assurance programs are set-up. Where necessary, organize support to the supplier in coordination with the development groups and in-house manufacturing plants by having team specialists present at the supplier for following-up during trial runs or first production runs. This would include the installation of systems in order to monitor the effectiveness of these programs.
In addition, the incumbent of the role with have usual managerial and leadership tasks and responsibilities to accomplish, like for example:
- People and department management: Evaluate the capabilities and performance of team members and organize training and development plans. Motivate and coach the team members to work independently with suppliers and the internal interfaces. Monitor and act upon workload distribution, making sure the focus of the department is in line with the business objectives.
- Budget responsibility including forecasting and controlling
- Participation with the corporate QA Auditing team in the assessment of European suppliers
- Participation with the Technical Packaging organization in the evaluation of technical capabilities of new and existing European suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a senior candidate with at least 10 years of experience in a leading position in the field of supplier quality assurance at an international level.
The hired candidate will have experience in managing a multi-site based team across several countries, ideally with a European or EMEA scope.
We are looking for senior professional with an educational background in Engineering or Science and additional qualifications and training in quality management.
We expect from the hired candidate a profound knowledge and qualification on continuous improvement methodologies and tools like Lean or Six Sigma.
We are selecting a candidate with a strong industrial background, ideally in the production of consumer goods (food, beverage, tobacco, cosmetics, hygiene) or similar (pharma, paper, etc.) with a thorough technical knowledge of and insight in production processes.
In terms of skills we are requesting a strong competence in the following:
- Proven skills in coaching and developing teams. Able to develop a strong talent bench by cultivating team members' skills and attributes to maximize individual contribution and engagement.
- Capacity to lead multiple change projects and shows aptitude to challenge the norm.
- Excellent communication skills, somebody who can translate complex information in an easy way. Ability to cascade strategy into the team.
- Learning agility, a person able to move quickly to changing demands.
- Team player and highly motivated to make a difference building collaborative relationships based on trust and respect. Promotion of the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Drive for creativity and innovation
The working language of the company is English and we require an absolute business fluent English level for this role. Proficiency in additional European languages would be a plus. The job requires around 30% international travel across Europe.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland would be considered for this vacancy.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to further develop the Supplier Quality Assurance function across Europe and have impact and visibility within the regional Supply Chain organisation.