You are here
Head of IT (M/F)
Globally active biopharma company
Head of IT
About Our Client
This Vaud- Headquartered global Bio-Pharmaceutical group is active in drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs and diagnostics. It is mainly focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs.
Mission of the role:
- Develop and implement the IT Strategy of the Company in line with the current and future needs of the business.
- Identify and propose implementation of solutions to improve the competitiveness of the Company. Position IT as a technology partner in achieving strategic objectives.
- Coordinate IT activities and strategy at Group level.
- Manage the IT department, ensures the operation and reliability of the various systems as well as optimal service to users
As part of his key responsibilities, the Head of IT:
- Identifies, proposes and supports the implementation of technological solutions in line with the company's strategic objectives, in order to increase efficiency and competitiveness (eg: digital transformation of processes, Knowledge Management, selection of the best tools accompanying pharmaceutical development, etc.).
- Advises the Business, proactively analyse its needs in order to determine the appropriate technological solutions, and accompany it on the projects of implementing innovative technological tools.
- Pays constant attention to business expectations, ensures regular monitoring of new technologies and relevant good practices, informs stakeholders, assesses applicability and implements them where necessary.
- Participates on request to Board meetings and provides an advisory opinion during Due Diligences reviews involving technological matters.
- Organises and leads the IT Steering Committee of the Company as well as the Group. Participates in the development of the information system blueprint (communication, data and IT project workflows) ensuring the consistency of application mapping and infrastructure at the Group level, for approval within the steering committee.
- Recommends, plans and manages IT investments, ensures their performance and daily run, ensures the security and availability of tools for optimal user productivity, implements and maintains a Disaster Recovery Plan, develops the functional architecture of the IT system.
- Manages the IT team of the company and ensures optimal management while evaluating and integrating the appropriate talents for the accomplishment of its mission; Establishes, controls and revises IT rules and procedures; Prepares and monitors IT investment and expenditure budgets; Develops and reports appropriate indicators to guide and improve IT performance
- Guarantees the security of access to the company's network, user awareness of cyber risks and any measures ensuring IT security (application solutions, implementation of security audit and test management Anti-intrusion). Applies the data protection policy in accordance with regulations.
- Ensures good relations with external service providers and vendors, optimisation of contractual conditions enabling the delivery of services at the best quality / cost / time-to-value ratio.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Professional experience in a pharmaceutical company (GxP environment), with a preference for activities in the drug development; good knowledge of the technological tools used in clinical and pre-clinical studies, laboratory activities, CMC, regulatory,…
- Ability to understand business and offer value-added solutions.
- Ability to analyse and synthesise with strategic thinking and complex problem solving skills.
- As a team leader, demonstrated experience in managing an IT department by organising and planning resources and priorities with a strong sense of anticipation, urgency and critical solutions management. Ability to drive complex projects with strong technical skills in systems and database management.
- Sound change management skills.
- Natural Leadership, Flexibility and Openness.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with ability to synthesise and adapt his speech to his audience (technical / business).
- Fluency in French and English.
What's on Offer
This position offers a rare opportunity to redefine, adapt and improve a complete IT organisation to match the new challenges and expectations it has to face.